Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Files

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently deleted various blogs from my site as well as changed a few photos on my gallery page but i still see those photos in the file manager, so....

1: Can i now delete this images which are no longer active on the site?

2: How do i delete the images i no longer want?

3: If i remove images will this affect the website at all?

4: Will this also reduce my Disk Usage?

Thanks Very Much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Images, which appear in the „Assets“panel definitely are in use and can’t be deleted using the „Assets“ panel.

The thrash bin you see at the bottom of this panel only refers to upload files, which aren’t in use (= no link pointing to them)

Placed or filled images only can be deleted by  finding them in the layout and deleting them there.

There are 2 ways to find those images:

• Right click onto the asset entry in the asset panel and choose „Go to Asset“. Then delete the asset from your layout.
  • Open the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images, which appear in the „Assets“panel definitely are in use and can’t be deleted using the „Assets“ panel.

The thrash bin you see at the bottom of this panel only refers to upload files, which aren’t in use (= no link pointing to them)

Placed or filled images only can be deleted by  finding them in the layout and deleting them there.

There are 2 ways to find those images:

• Right click onto the asset entry in the asset panel and choose „Go to Asset“. Then delete the asset from your layout.
  • Open the „Layers“ panel and look for the image. Delete it by pressing „Delete“ or clicking onto the thrash bin.

Removing assets doesn’t affect your website, because you can’t delete assets, which are in use.

Yes, it will reduce your disk usage, because Muse stores all assets (resampled to output size) within its .muse file. This is the reason, why you don’t necessarily need the image files, once you have placed them (and don’t want to upsize or modify them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

REMOVETHEM.jpg

I found out that on mine system If I delete what is in creative cloud files it will delete them from the cloud.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines