• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reset page properties

Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't figure out the reset page properties

what exactly does it do? i am guessing it resets the page size etc right? (wish it would reset the metadata as well)

so i have a website which has evolved and changed over the years and i know i have changed the fixed width from time to time like from 999 pixels to 1000 pixels etc, if i click reset page properties on a particular page what happens?

does it mean I have to resize the content of the page to fit the reset?

is it better not to mess with it? aside from getting it perfect if i don't mess with reset page properties does it affect the overall website display in the browser?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Was moving from 999 to 1000 pixels for illustrative purposes? A one pixel resize will not make much of a difference to your content.

I would suggest creating a copy of your site, try resizing, and see if you need to resize the content? Not sure if I am stating the obvious, or am not answering your question. This is what I would do based on what I understood.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was moving from 999 to 1000 pixels for illustrative purposes? A one pixel resize will not make much of a difference to your content.

I would suggest creating a copy of your site, try resizing, and see if you need to resize the content? Not sure if I am stating the obvious, or am not answering your question. This is what I would do based on what I understood.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Preran!! Yes I've figured it out. My basic problem was that I couldn't find any documentation about what exactly reset page properties does, reset what exactly?

(btw a pixel makes a difference for me since I make the pages fixed width so that they are good on desktop and iphone, I don't want responsive etc.  I like to place some images at full 1000 pixel width so that they fill the iphone screen and if the page is  a pixel out in some way or other the iphone's safari draws a white line down the side of the image which spoils the effect!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines