• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive and Desktop breakpoints..Mobile menu works. Desktop menu not.

Participant ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I recently read some documentation that said Google penalise sites that have a mobile version and give fully responsive sites a better rating.

So I decided to start building a fully responsive site with breakpoints ect ect.

The problem I am facing is.. I would like to have 2 different Menu structures.

The desktop site should have a Horizontal bar menu that is straight forward buttons. no fancy widgets or anything.
But the Mobile site should have a push menu that slides in from the top.

The result is.
When the mobile menu is only active in the 320 and 550 breakpoints. it works fine.
BUT
The menu buttons in the 920 breakpoint is no longer working.

When I remove the mobile menu. Everything works again.
I have tried using the master page break points. but it seems nothing I do will make it work.

I have published the site here. Home

You will see none of the buttons is working. But if you right click and say inspect. and select a mobile display device in the browser. then the mobile breakpoints display perfectly and the menu works. (Besides that the fact that the layers is not stacked correctly yet.) But the desktop breakpoints menu buttons do not work at all.

Now the really strange thing is that once I start dragging the page to see the mobile breakpoint at 550 and drag it back to 920 break points.
THEN ALL of a sudden the desktop buttons start working.

This is really confusing. WTF is going on ?

Then Also. When I load the page on mobile. It just doesn't load. I get a timeout error

anyone?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly recommend to follow the steps below and we have a look.

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

From your description I assume you use responsive design?

Do you hide the menu in breakpoints to show the other menu instead?

Do you use 3rd party widgets? And which ones?

On my side I can see the desktop menu and the mobile menu.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks so much for the reply.
Here is the muse file
http://cest.co.za/Musefile/CestV2.muse

I am using Qookee Responsive Push menu Pro.. When I remove the menu everything works. But if I add it. I have problems.
So Im sure it might be the widget.

Perhaps you may be able to recommend some other widget that functions more or less the same?

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the widget is only displaying on the 320 and 550 breakpoints and is hidden for the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. There´s a push menu from muse-themes .com but needs subscription. Watch at musewidgets.com and ask the inventor, why you have these issues. If you need help to speed it up we could ask Preran​ and ankushr40215001​.

They have great contact to those people at qooqee. I watch your file later the day and try – but if you say everything works fine without the qooqee, you got the solution, right?

Perhaps you may be able to recommend some other widget that functions more or less the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Em.. Well yes and no.. I still need a solution that will give me a mobile menu on 320 and 550 breakpoint.

Thanks for the message. I will go and have a look, see if I can find the creators for the qookee widget. and perhaps play arround with some other menu options to see if it generates the same issue.

Thanks for the message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I´ll be back later the day (it´s now 18:09 in my country)

In the meantime maybe some other s jump into here and help.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines