• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive design dont work. Browser turns blanc with breakpoints.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm facing a problem that I can't resolve, despite everything I tried, searched on internet, and  namely in the Adobe forum's.

This is my problem:

Building a website without breakpoints is no problem. It works well, but like I would expect, I need the responsive design, with the breakpoints to make my site even more accessible for other devices. So I started reading the Adobe helping tips, movies on youtube, etc.... but when I apply all that stuf I just can't get it to work. Breakpoints in the master, the same breakpoints on the pages, ... Website properties check.... everything that I can do (at least that I think I can do...) I allready did.

What I also found strange, and didn't find anything up to now on internet, is that, when I do the preview to check how everything is working, especialy with the breakpoints, the browser turns white, or beter said, the website is just gone, under a certain screen dimension. I thing around 960 px. When working in the design screen of Muse it works like I want, like its supose to... Make it smaller or bigger with the breakpoints and everything moves like I intented to,  but making a preview or testing on a browser, no breakpoints and no website on the browser (again under a certain screen mesure).

Due to my inexperience with Muse, I confess that I just don't know what to do, and I'm pretty sure that it is problably something simple, or something that I i'm forgetting.

Please help!!!! what  am  I doing wrong....or what do I need to do in order to get my website to work like it is supose to...

Best regards,

Zé da SIlva

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

I checked your sample site and all works fine and as expected! No „white browser“ at all. (Tested on Safari Mac, Safari iPad, Chrome Mac, latest versions)

Did you test-wise try a different browser?

Did you clear your browser cache?

An important hint: You apparently are using an older version of Muse. I’d recommend to update Muse by using the CC Desktop Application.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a link to have a look. You can publish a free test site on Businesscatalst using the „Publish“ Button top right of Muse‘s application window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Also something strange, for me than... If I do the Publish using Businesscatalst I get this message (see the upper print screen). Could this be the problem?

This is the website that I'm working on. I is already publish, but the problem is with the breakpoints.

www.atelierdasilva.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your pages are shifting horizontally in smaller breakpoints.

Please try to follow the recommenations I gave in this thread https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2434082

If not, share a small example file following the instruction I gave in the linked thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

Adobe Creative Cloud

The link that I provide, and I hope is the good one because I get a really big link adress, is a very simple website with the same problem I have. Two squares that move in diferent breakpoints. When doing a preview, I only get the responsive design from the first breakpoint. 960 px. If it gets below everything disapears. I only get a white browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud

I think this is the correct link. This is kinda new for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked your sample site and all works fine and as expected! No „white browser“ at all. (Tested on Safari Mac, Safari iPad, Chrome Mac, latest versions)

Did you test-wise try a different browser?

Did you clear your browser cache?

An important hint: You apparently are using an older version of Muse. I’d recommend to update Muse by using the CC Desktop Application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter,

I didn't check how full the cache of my browser is.

I also going to donwload one early version of Muse. I've been working with

2015.2 .

I let you know if it worked.

Best regards

Zé da Silva

Em 22/01/2018 13:47, "ankushr40215001" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> escreveu:

Responsive design dont work. Browser turns blanc with breakpoints.

ankushr40215001

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/ankushr40215001?et=watches.email.outcome>

marked Günter Heißenbüttel

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel?et=watches.email.outcome>'s

reply on Responsive design dont work. Browser turns blanc with

breakpoints.

<https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2440398?et=watches.email.outcome> as

helpful. View the full reply

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/10119779?et=watches.email.outcome#10119779>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YYYEEEESSSS!!!! It works!!!

Hi follow your instructions Gunter and... voilá...it works.

Cache on Chrome, Internet explorer and firefox empty, and it works on Chrome and Firefox, but on Internet Explorer doesn't. To be honest I don't find that a big of a problem. Now I know the the website is working. (OK, it was allready working before but I coulnd't check).

Like I thought, it was a simple solution, but if you don't know what could it be, is kinda dificult to do something about it! AGain many thanks Gunter, you save me a lot of headakes!!!!

Also install the nieuw version of MUse, the 2018.0, just in case...

Any idea why it doesn't work on Internet Explorer? Like I said, the cache of Int Expl. is also clean...

Best regards,

Zé da Silva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine, when it works!

No real idea, what happens in Internet Explorer. Normally, Muse supports Internet Explorer starting from version 8 (version 7 partially supported). But you should keep in mind, that Internet Explorer is an outdated browser, replaced by Edge.

Cocerning Internet Explorer, you may have a look at this older blog post of the Muse engineering team: https://blogs.adobe.com/muse/tag/graded-browser-support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that is enogh information for me .

From now on, I'm going to use another browser to test m projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines