Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive design scroll effects problem

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have watched the following video regarding creating a scrolling menu. Scroll Effects with Responsive Design - YouTube  Having followed the steps exactly, it would appear that I have a very different effect all together. My menu ends up appearing behind all of the text and I don't know how to fix it. I'm sure its something straight forward but cant find my answer anywhere. Below is what i've ended up with Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hey jayf,

If I understand correctly, you want the content to scroll beneath the menu, correct?

Please ensure that you have the menu placed on the topmost layer as shown below.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There´s a layer order. Everything that is on top, hides everything that is below.

You should take care about this. If you need further assistance, show us a screenshot from your layers panel.

Be aware that it is easier for us, if the layers and the elements inside the layers are named in a common sense.

For the menu it is good practice to have it on the master on top and take care that even on your page/pages nothing is inside this layer.

If you use breakpoints, I recommend to first finish design in this breakpoint before designing in the next breakpoint.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice.. I have made the components on my master Layer 1 and changed everything on the homepage to Layer 2 and now the menu bar appears in front.

If you look at my screenshot below, I'm actually trying to gain an effect where it scrolls past my logo section and then catches the menu bar where it remains at the top of the page for the rest of the scroll. Is this achievable using Muse?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would be useful and much faster, if you provide a .muse, reduced to your issue with only some elements, that show your issue/question.

Only one page, if we need the complete menu, just delete the content of the other pages and save as a new file for check purposes.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey jayf,

If I understand correctly, you want the content to scroll beneath the menu, correct?

Please ensure that you have the menu placed on the topmost layer as shown below.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines