Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive labels, possible?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just starting, so sorry if silly question, but is it possible to scale the label in the attached file?

And why can't I adjust the placing of this label? It's predefined positioned to the left and I cannot modify that?

Thanks for any answers!

Regards, Dew

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Apparently you don’t believe, what I wrote here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357712.

Again: Slideshows aren’t responsive in the actual version of Muse. You only can stretch the hero image container to browser width and thats it. If you click onto the caption box you’ll see, that the „Resize“ command in the upper control strip shows the padlock and no option can be chosen.

By the way: You’ll never succeed in creating proper responsive pages, if you use system fonts as you did in the caption bo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you don’t believe, what I wrote here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357712.

Again: Slideshows aren’t responsive in the actual version of Muse. You only can stretch the hero image container to browser width and thats it. If you click onto the caption box you’ll see, that the „Resize“ command in the upper control strip shows the padlock and no option can be chosen.

By the way: You’ll never succeed in creating proper responsive pages, if you use system fonts as you did in the caption box. The reason you may read in my last contribution in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Günter,

I do believe you and very much value your advice. It's more that I'm stubborn and am trying to find a solution to get things working. On top of that, I'm limited in my knowledge and that's one of my less strong features.

Would like to get my website smashing impressive and running 🙂

Regards, Dew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think instead of a „smashing impressive“ first try with Muse, concentrate on techniques, which you can master.

If you – as a beginner – try to set up a „smashing impressive“ homepage, you definitely will get frustrated – or you’ll drown your site in 3rd party eye candy widgets, which more or less don’t work as expected. Keep on lerning, experimenting with Muse, but don’t set your goals to high in the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  schreef

... don’t set your goals to high in the beginning.

Ouch

You don't know me yet

Thanks Günter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What mostly frustrates me is that things are looking differently in Muse as they do on screen. Even when I empty cache and history. Items are placed somewhere else and I can't find how to correct that. This mostly happens on my phone (Samsung S7 edge)

Any expert advice on that?

Will change all fonts to System (export as image) as you recommended!

Regards, Dew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn’t I tell you, „you definitely will get frustrated“ if you don’t „concentrate on techniques, you can master“?

Everbody thinks: „Wow, I have the app. I will now create gorgeous responsive sites!“, but did you ever tried to understand, how web site – especially responsive ones – are working? Did you ever walk through the tons of tutorials, which are available? Did you ever try to create a fixed width site, what may be difficult enough in the beginning? I don’t think so.

Your problem is a very common one. I tried to describe some of the most encountered issues it here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8749608#8749608 or here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2345133 or here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2271454

Don’t give up. But don’t think you can participate in the Rallye Paris – Dakar if you not even have a driving license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Günter,

Again, thanks for your time.

On the critical side, didn't anyone tell you that these phrases:

Didn’t I tell you, ....

Did you ever try......? I don’t think so.

aren't friendly at all? I think I have elaborated enough about the fact that I'm a beginner, didn't I? Why do you assume I didn't walk through any tutorials? As you say there are tons, I chose the ones I thought are helpful and did a lot of things well in creating my website. The hope I had when asking my questions on this Forum was, that I missed out on some basic things and this Forum could help me move on. Your Tips and Tricks are very helpful and welcome. The patronizing tone is unnecessary I believe.

Then something about this phrase:

Everbody thinks: „Wow, I have the app. I will now create gorgeous responsive sites!“

I think its exactly how Adobe wants you to think and what Muse wants you to try and do without programming.  I understand it's a journey and I understand the finish is not near yet. However, by knowing some basics and putting in a lot of time and effort, I think I've already got my drivers license. So Yes, I am competing. Maybe I'll get there later than others, but I'll get where I want to be 🙂

Regards, Dew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really think,

• a sentence like „Didn’t I tell you, you really will get frustrated …“ or

• a question like „Did you ever try to create a fixed width site"

"aren’t friendly at all“, I should better for me , to stop answering in this thread. Nothing, really nothing was or was meant „unfriendly“.

In contrary: I tried to help you – although you opened a new thread to ask an already answered question again –, I gave you some links, which you definitely should read carefully, before going on, because they answer a big part of the question, why „things are looking differently in Muse as they do on screen“.

What I did: I stated, that it won’t work, to build „a website smashing impressive" as a beginner using an application, which one doesn’t really know.

Test it, try it, don’t give up. But, as I wrote, start with simple, fixed width pages.

As I already said: You can’t participate in the Rallye Paris – Dakar, if you not even have a driving license. (No insult at all, but a phrase, which should clarify, what I wanted to say.)

That’s is for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just saying, "C'est le ton, qui fait la musique".

Nothing more to answer here anyways

Nothing, really nothing was or was meant „unfriendly“.

Great, then I misinterpreted it.

In contrary: I tried to help you – although you opened a new thread to ask an already answered question again –...

First one was about slideshows, second about the labels. For me a different thing. Apparently the same.

I gave you some links, which you definitely should read carefully and understand before going on and telling us, that „think are looking differently in Muse as they do on screen“.

They still do. And I studied the links. I probably don't get it correctly. Never debated I make mistakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dewwwww ​​, one may say a lot about Günter Heißenbüttel​​, not even that he needs help from my side, but unfriendly does not fit at all. Sometime the truth just hurts . Almost everything i have learned in this forum, watching tutorials is just fine but the details under "realitycheck" you don`t really learn via tutorials. Mostly it shows one part but not how to deal with other parts in conjunction.

Almost everybody in this forum does it in "sparetime", not getting really paid (not to forget the cup ), except with much respect.

If you follow some time in here, what I highly recommend, try to solve issues as well, that`s how I learned the most

(thanks Günter Heißenbüttel​​ ). And (talking about future which nobody knows), I am sure you will often read from the same 5 to 10 people (Guenter might be one of them).

But maybe, German humor is different from French humor or international humor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear fotoroeder, 

German humour is probably different from Dutch humour, but as I have worked in a lot of international environments I should be able to understand that as well. 

Never mind, I'm allergic to "you can't do this" and impossibility issues. I solve problems and I get things done for a living. 

But I do understand that this is all spare time energy that's put into the forum. 

As mentioned, I'm very happy with all the help I received. 

Regards, Dew 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That´s great, Dew, like it. Respect mate. Keep in touch with us and be a part of it, if you have spare time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines