• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive layouts

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Muse and I've read about the EOL announcement. However, as of now, I'll continue to use it as long as I don't find a good alternative or the web standards are supported (whichever occurs sooner).

So, I want to create responsive layouts. I have by now figured out that it can be done using Fluid width for the page. However, I actually want to have like custom font size, image dimensions, etc. on the responsive pages. I couldn't figure out a way to customize that in Fluid Width. So, I'm using Alternate Layout option. And I'm just copy-pasting stuff from the desktop version to the phone and tablet version, customising their size, etc. It was all fine, but, now, I want to use a comment box on my website. I'm using HashOver script (I don't want discus or Facebook). So, the problem is, HashOver saves comments in different folders according to the webpage's name. Like, my desktop website is suppose: domain.com/index.html, HashOver will save the comments of that page in a folder called index-html. So, because of the alternate layout thing, mobile users are redirected to domain.com/phone/index.html which is fine with me, but, not with HashOver. It thus creates another directory to save the comments. The real problem is, because of this different URL, the same page (index.html) will have different comments shown on Desktop, mobile and tablet version which doesn't actually make sense.

So, I want to know, is there any way to create responsive websites, but, customising the font size, etc. of responsive layout alone without touching the desktop version. I'd like to maintain the same URL of the page so that the problem of comments is solved.

I hope I could make this clear. I can provide any additional, required details. Any help will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Muse doesn`t resize text areas automatically between breakpoints. Same to text size. That is something you can set for each breakpoint.

Watch this file:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Two areas are quite important:

1) Here you set up wether to have responsive text box or not:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-04 um 11.51.13.png

2) Here you set up wether to change text formatting in only the current breakpoint or in all breakpoints at once:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-04 um 11.52.18.png

Does this help?

It´s recommended for SEO purposes not to use duplicated elements unless it is really important.

Best Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I have figured this out. I'm using Fluid Width now and copying-pasting the elements. For example, I'm copying a heading from the desktop version and pasting it again. Then, resizing it to the mobile version and hiding the big title there and editing the other one and then, hiding the small one in desktop version.

This is what I have found out. Any better solutions would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That workaround should work. Not 100% sure if I understood the complete issue with the font.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to set different font sizes manually for the responsive layout.

For example, a text in desktop if 35px size should be sized at 30 or 25px

maybe in mobile website. If I allow Muse to resize the text area

automatically, I don't get an chance to set a size that I want. It's either

too big or too small. I hope, it's clear now? ☺️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse doesn`t resize text areas automatically between breakpoints. Same to text size. That is something you can set for each breakpoint.

Watch this file:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Two areas are quite important:

1) Here you set up wether to have responsive text box or not:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-04 um 11.51.13.png

2) Here you set up wether to change text formatting in only the current breakpoint or in all breakpoints at once:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-04 um 11.52.18.png

Does this help?

It´s recommended for SEO purposes not to use duplicated elements unless it is really important.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was out back then. Came home now and tried it. Yes! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome!

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines