Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive site with "adaptive" Height and Width

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I have a question about adaptive design on muse. I want to design a Webpage in which the layout is anytime "centred", that means that the layout is designed to work without scrollbar (vertical and Horizontal). As a reference I attach this very nice website Accueil - La Tour d'Argent

The Idea is to have a "rectangular layout" for the desktop and Ipad user, and then after the Ipad break point resolve the layout vertically to use it easily on a Smartphone size.

Do you have any Idea how I set my website to design it to be this "rectangular full screen"?

Sorry for my broken english but i'm not a native english speaker

Thank you in advance and I wish you all a nice day

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

thank you for the link, but although it looks really nice as widget, Is pretty much the opposite of what I'm looking to achieve.

This widget will do exactly what you want. It can be configured with either a vertical transition or a horizontal transition. Do what you want by standard means Muse is not possible. Part of this can be done with the help of the parallax effect, as Ussnorway  said. But in addition you will have to write some part of the css code.

Also, read this topic How To Vertically Position An Object Based On A Percentage Of The Browser ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

redons5812961  wrote

As a reference I attach this very nice website

not my idea of a good site; takes forever to load and the ui is counterintuitive... however the basic effect is called parallax so instead of scrolling up and down the site looks like it goes from side to side.

p.s, there are a doz ways to make it and each one is more complex than it should be... Google "horizontal parallax scroll"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ussnorway,

thank you for your reply, I think I didn't make my self really clear, what I want to achieve is to create a layout in which the content is always one page fullscreen, without scrolling bars, but this doesn't mean that I want to put parallax effects, I gonna put some squared picture which you can click and then redirected in the same type of layout but this time with the "specific content in one page". The reference that I have linked is to show mainly that the page has this centered layout without scrolling bars but I'm not interested on creating a website navigation system with parallax effect.

If you do understand what I mean, I will hear with pleasure your answer thank you in advance for your time

Many Greets

Red

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Pavel Homeriki,

thank you for the link, but although it looks really nice as widget, Is pretty much the opposite of what I'm looking to achieve. As I replied to the other User, I think I dind't made my self really clear.  what I want to achieve is to create a layout in which the content is always one page fullscreen, without scrolling bars, but this doesn't mean that I want to put parallax effects, I gonna put some squared picture which you can click and then redirected in the same type of layout but this the "specific content in one page". The reference that I have linked is to show mainly that the page has this centered layout without scrolling bars but I'm not interested on creating a website navigation system with parallax effect.

Thank you for your time and let me know If you didn't understand my question.

Many many greets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for the link, but although it looks really nice as widget, Is pretty much the opposite of what I'm looking to achieve.

This widget will do exactly what you want. It can be configured with either a vertical transition or a horizontal transition. Do what you want by standard means Muse is not possible. Part of this can be done with the help of the parallax effect, as Ussnorway  said. But in addition you will have to write some part of the css code.

Also, read this topic How To Vertically Position An Object Based On A Percentage Of The Browser ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines