Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive submenu cuts off titles

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I created a manual menu with several drop down menus, having long titles, sometimes over two lines. Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 4.25.53 PM.png

The menu is responsive, so also the submenus adjust their width accordingly. Now I have the following problem. The titles don't behave like normal textboxes. The titles don't wrap and as a result stay fixed in length, although the page width changes and thus they end up longer than the width of the submenu, which in my case having a white font seems to cut them off and ends up like that in a browser:

Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 4.28.01 PM.png

How can I correct this? I'd like to have a decent responsive menu and I don't want to have every 100px a breakpoint to adjust the size of the submenu again. I would love either an option to choose that text adjusts to the new width when submenus get smaller or submenus don't change their size at all and only the main menu does. Is there a solution to correct for this?

Thank you for your input,

Fabian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Menu text isn’t allow to perform automatic text flow between lines like it is possible in a text box.

If you want menu text not to flow outside the menu, you have to choose an appropriate width for the menu items.

(My personal opinion: A menu is a menu and no chapter caption. I  think, your menu entries are way to long. I’d try to redesign the page by using linked buttons in this case.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a "manually" set up menu? Why don`t you scale your submenu in width?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-02 um 01.34.51.png

I am able to treat it as text, as soon as I start to type my fake menu item.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Menu text isn’t allow to perform automatic text flow between lines like it is possible in a text box.

If you want menu text not to flow outside the menu, you have to choose an appropriate width for the menu items.

(My personal opinion: A menu is a menu and no chapter caption. I  think, your menu entries are way to long. I’d try to redesign the page by using linked buttons in this case.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines