• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive text frames - font size changes as width changes - why?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When text frames are set to Responsive Width, the font size actually reduces as the width scales down.

This means that text actually gets smaller on smaller screens! This is completely counter-productive, and makes it all but impossible to work with responsive text frames. I expect the text to simply reflow into a narrower column, not for the font size to reduce. There doesn't appear to be any option to control this.

Am I missing something? This didn't happen in previous versions.

Postscript to the above - I've realised this is an issue with Open Sans (via Edge Web fonts) specifically. Need to do more testing to see if it happens with other fonts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Normally this happens with system fonts, as they behave like an image.

But you already mentioned that you use WebEdgeFonts. Check with another font, if this issue persists.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally this happens with system fonts, as they behave like an image.

But you already mentioned that you use WebEdgeFonts. Check with another font, if this issue persists.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for that. What I hadn't realised was that it was using Open Sans from my System fonts - I'd assumed it would refer to the web font. I added Open Sans from Typekit and it's fine. Should have noticed the bitmap icon at the bottom right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, . Great that you got it.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines