Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Web Design

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Muse,

I've been using Muse for over a year now to design websites, but I'm still having issues with the responsive design.  I watched your videos etc and read the info provided, but it's still not working 100% for me.  I built a desktop and tablet version of each website.  The websites have a different look on every size browser.  When opening the websites on the tablet and mobile version, they take long to respond to the correct mode.  Please help me with a simple and not complicated way of fixing this issue.  Why can't Muse automatically formulate websites to be responsive?  This is frustrating!! 

Please have a look at the two websites that I did so you can understand the problem.  http://www.bahamaspressclub.org/    http://www.robinsonmorrisame.org/

Thank you for your assistance!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to read an answer to this that makes sense to me. I've been using Muse since it's day one. I've watch, followed along, and practiced many dozens of hours of Muse Tutorials. I have seen every Dani Beaumont and Paul Trani video they have made about Muse. I have 5 completed course certificates on Muse from Lynda.com.

I STILL don't understand/get 'responsive design' nor the reason for it.

I use the 3 alternate layouts (Desktop, Tablet and Phone) and it always works just fine. Those devices browsers can handle the sizing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having to create three separate layouts is time consuming and when you copy/change one layout, the elements for the webpages are not copied with it.  You have to copy and paste everything that should be on each page and resize it.  Is there a way to add/change a layout so that all of the elements from the previous layout are copied into it at the same time?   (For example, I want all of the elements on my desktop layout to be copied on my phone layout when I add it as a new layout.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

deandraw67155381  schrieb

and when you copy/change one layout, the elements for the webpages are not copied with it.  You have to copy and paste everything that should be on each page and resize it.  Is there a way to add/change a layout so that all of the elements from the previous layout are copied into it at the same time?   (For example, I want all of the elements on my desktop layout to be copied on my phone layout when I add it as a new layout.)

As ar as I experienced, yes. If you "select all" chose your phone layout, all elements are pasted in the phone layout.

I would not recommend this kind of workaround, though. If you make this element by element or section by section it should work better.

But, also yes, this is time consuming. In your case I recommend to use fixed width breakpoints and that could get quite easy as you don't have to switch back and forth all the time.

In your case I can suggest to check one page as an example and have a closer look about what to do with certain elements.

We might start together with one page (your landing page from: http://www.bahamaspressclub.org/​).

If you feel strong enough to do so, pass me/us one page with all elements or with only some elements (as you like).

To share this .muse use dropbox or the Creative Cloud "CC" by dropping your muse into your CC library folder.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines