• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsiveness issue - I broke the template

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, so this is my first time working with Muse, and I bought this template to get me started: Demo - Apollo 9 - Muse Templates

I changed it to this: Home

It looks good on a Desktop on Firefox, until you start to make the screen smaller, then the issues really start to come up.

Why does the logo get cropped? Why is there an overlapping of text? Why do some text objects not scale?

What ARE these issues that are coming up and what tutorials can I be linked to to figure this out for myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

It is quite "easy". Without seeing the .muse, …

• 1) Your logo is set to be responsive in width and height - change it to "none" will fix this.
  • 2) The menu in the template is set to "hide in breakpoint" for smaller breakpoints and replaced by NOTHING, not even a hamburger.
  • 3) For your text "Many Desktop …" does something on smaller breakpoints. You should use the scrubber and watch out and change the layout

That´s the reason why mostly it is better with no knowledge of muse to not use any template.

It

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the answer to your question, but you should know that things are worse than you think. There is dramatic flashing that happens when the page goes into another width range. It doesn't happen in Chrome, but does in Firefox and Safari. In Chrome the headline text also moves up and down the page, which seems wrong somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is quite "easy". Without seeing the .muse, …

• 1) Your logo is set to be responsive in width and height - change it to "none" will fix this.
  • 2) The menu in the template is set to "hide in breakpoint" for smaller breakpoints and replaced by NOTHING, not even a hamburger.
  • 3) For your text "Many Desktop …" does something on smaller breakpoints. You should use the scrubber and watch out and change the layout

That´s the reason why mostly it is better with no knowledge of muse to not use any template.

It is not undoable but takes a little care about everything and at least needs some knowledge how MUSE works.

You should follow some tutorials about responsive design.

Most important: Ask the inventors of this template about how to deal with everything. If you paid something ask them even more.

What about the mobile menu?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! I have decided that it's really important for me to work on some Muse tutorials so that I get to know the program more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Katherine.

I am new to MUSE (first timer, first Website).

Your problem as I have learned two or three days ago, is because responsiveness needs to be make at certain point in the Design, so when you are working you must pay attention to details when you shrink the navigator, there is an arrow in MUSE that indicates de limit of the webpage, so, when you move it it will show how the navigator will response to the change of size.

You just slide the arrow to the left and when you feel comfortable with response before it start to overlap, then you create a new Breakpoint, then you fix the issues manually until you feel good about it, and so on...

I am still working with my website, and only the responsive part is missing, but now I know to fix it, and I am working on it.

I really hope this answer your questions, and by the way, I like how is going your site.

Cheers.

This is my project www.printspot.do if you want to check it out, feel free to say any suggestion you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrintSpot.do  wrote

feel free to say any suggestion you want.

goto your site with a phone;

• how long does it take to load?
  • is the layout correct... what happens when you turn it on its side?
  • can you use all the buttons... is the site easy easy to navigate with your fingers instead of using a mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have see all those suggestions, and I am working on to fix it. thanks for noticing.

As this my first time ever using Muse, only have about three or four weeks learning and using it, this is by far the best I can do by now, but I am learning every day, and working in my Website for my small print shop, it requires a lot of time, learning and applying at the same. But amazingly, this Program is something like you expect from Adobe and much more. I feel really comfortable using it. Most of the time I have something in my head but cannot make it work in Muse, there's a lot trick I must learn, but I am confident.

I lean on you people to learn, or just to hear how to do it better.

Thank you for your comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks so much! I'm working on some tutorials to get know Muse a bit more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines