• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restricted width in Muse form

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I've recently published my first Muse site and have worked out most teething issues, but am struggling with the form fields.

The text will only flow into the first half of the box in the single line fields and in the multiline field it only fills half the box and then a slider button appears after the second line has been filled (as below, or see www.albagutterservices.co.uk)

thanks

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 16.29.56.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

There are some reasons, why this form doesn’t work well, but I am not quite sure about this. So I’d like to report this issue in Muse’s prerelease forum and see, what the engineering team is thinking about this.

Here a very simple fix:

• The „original“ form is used twice – on both of your master pages.
  • Cut the forms from the master pages (cmd+X) and „Paste it in Place“ on the corresponding layout pages (cmd+C).
  • Now all will work as expected.

But I’d like you to answer a question if you don’t mind:

I ask

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share a .muse file containing nothing but the form, which we can see in your screenshot? This will make fixing much more easy!

You may upload the .muse file to Dropbox or Creative Cloud and post the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go Günter

Dropbox - Muse_Alba

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some reasons, why this form doesn’t work well, but I am not quite sure about this. So I’d like to report this issue in Muse’s prerelease forum and see, what the engineering team is thinking about this.

Here a very simple fix:

• The „original“ form is used twice – on both of your master pages.
  • Cut the forms from the master pages (cmd+X) and „Paste it in Place“ on the corresponding layout pages (cmd+C).
  • Now all will work as expected.

But I’d like you to answer a question if you don’t mind:

I asked you, to "share a .muse file containing nothing but the form, which we can see in your screenshot? This will make fixing much more easy!"

Just like nearly everyone, who encounters an issue, this polite question is neglected. Could you tell me why?

Without any problem I could isolate your issue by reducing your file from 50 MB (zipped) to 77 KB (zipped)!

Do you have an idea, why nearly nobody is willing, to assist in fixing problems by  providing a small and transparent .muse file?

• To download 50 MB needs a considerable amount of time, if one hasn’t a fast internet connection.
  • To find and analyse a Muse file of 50 MB and 14 pages with many grouped/hidden elements and 5 breakpoints on layout pages and on both master pages is really time consuming and prevents us from helping other community members.
  • If the original poster takes time and reduces his file before uploading, there are good chances, that he will find the issue by her/himself.

So, in short: I can’t understand, why this simple request is very often neglected. But perhaps you have an answer for me …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi Günter

thanks very much for your help - I have removed the forms from the master page and placed them on the individual pages and this appears to have fixed the bug.

With regards your question, I'm a print designer and am using Muse for the first time so wasn't entirely sure how to send the form in isolation. As the problem seems to be a bug that appears when a form is used in master pages, would this have shown up had I sent the form by itself?

I was using Muse as I don't have the coding knowledge to use Dreamweaver, but wanted more design control then a basic template builder such as Weebly/Wix would offer. Muse is marketed as a website builder that allows designers to create fixed, fluid, and adaptive websites without having to write any code, so *maybe* Muse users (as a sweeping generalisation!) don't have the in-depth coding knowledge to confidently pull elements apart?

That aside, It's taken a lot longer than I had anticipated to build the site, but i've learnt a great deal along the way. As a print designer, the Indesign style interface was familiar and made the task easier, but I have had to learn about coding and web lingo (even if I haven't had to use it) to understand why certain elements move/react as they do...

In short I used Muse as I wanted to design in a familiar environment, without having to be too concerned with code and suspect that I am not alone in not fully understanding the implications of sending large files or knowing which part of the puzzle you would need to be able to solve an issue...

Thanks very much for your time and the speed of your response, and also for phrasing the solution in simple terms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines