• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieving deleted Muse files from Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to retrieve (apparently-deleted) Muse files from my Creative Cloud account. I am quite sure I did not take the second step of permanently deleting them, but they are not among the "deleted" shown on web directory. Should I fail in this retrieval, is there any way to reconstruct a Muse website from the website itself? It seems that might be all I have left. Help! thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot find the "yourname.muse" this site needs to get rebuild completely from scratch, sorry.

Iy you are willing to learn some new sitecreation, try Pinegrow for 7 days (unfortunately just a slot time - needs some planning to use that 7 days properly). As far as I experienced, Pinegrow is the only one to use your html from the server and use it as a new "project" as soon as you save it as so. From here you may rebiuld your site which is quite necessary as Muse uses a lot of different codestuff as codeditors will do, as I asume. But as I am a complete non coder, it is just by see the difference between a Muse and PG site/page/section/element/…

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse is End of Life and unsupported.  Eventually all Muse sites will fail in one way or another.

1. Download site files from the remote server with any FTP client like Filezilla or Cyberduck.

2. Open native HTML, CSS and JS files in any code editor you like  -- Dreamweaver, Brackets, Atom, Sublime Text, VS Code, etc...  You won't get the same visual experience as Muse.  But if you can work with code, you can probably extend the life of your Muse site by a few months until you build a new one with other tools.

In order to build websites, you need a working knowledge of HTML, CSS and to some extent JavaScript code. Without understanding code, it's unlikely you'll get the results you're hoping for. Read the chapters, do code exercises and take quizzes at the end.
- https://www.w3schools.com/html/
- https://www.w3schools.com/css/
- https://www.w3schools.com/js/

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines