Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieving Muse connections datas to log from another computer

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
my old computer died a few weeks ago. The famous 2012 MacBook Pro 15" graphic card issue.

I have all my files on a TimeMachine drive though, including the Library of my crashed computer.

Sometimes I can launch my old 2012 Mac after many tries, but only very few apps work:

most of the apps (like Muse) make it crash again.  

I installed Muse 2018 on my new computer and could re-open my website project from the muse file with no problem.

Now I would like to connect to my website in order to make some updates, but the connections datas are not attached to the muse file.
And I can't remember the FTP datas of my website.

Is there a way I could find them in my old Mac's Library or anywhere else in the old harddrive, without launching Muse?

Best from Paris
GQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I experienced, no. You must contact your provider. You may have a client number and password to get then the FTP credentials. You may have to give a new password for FTP also (most German providers do so). Then you'll have to re-upload the site.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response
Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No chance. Muse remembers your credentials, but this information is not stored in your .muse files for evident security reasons. So, when you open your .muse file on a different machine you have to fill in your credentials manually, as soon as you try to upload your site data.

As @fotoroeder already said: If you lost your credentials, you have to contact your provider or your customer account​ on your provider‘s website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.
I was thinking: If Muse stores my credentials, it has to be stored somewhere like in Library/Applications Support or Library/Preferences, or something like that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The credentials are stored encrypted in the keychain of your system. So, (un)fortunately no chance for you to restore the data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines