• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reward to find this widget...

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just kidding, but I am really trying to find a responsive slider widget just like the site below that has

-transparent circles to show which slide is showing and so people can skip

-Hyperlinked slides

-allow more than 5 slides

I know some will say Muse comes with a free one, but the thumbnails are not set up this way as fas as I know.  I can make them small (boxes or circles) but they are not all circles at same time and not solid when on that page. I find when I make them circles, only the one viewing is circle, others are squares and not solid. It shows a weird thumbnail of the slide.

If someone has one that looks just like this site (or can make quickly), please show and tell me.

click here to see the slider I want to find...

Pongathon | The Ping Pong Party People!

thanks so much!

Barry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

If there will be no „Yes, but …“ (what I assume), this is quite a simple task for Muse out of the box!

Look here: http://dotted-thumbs-slideshow.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

You may download the .muse file from the sample site. Please have a thorough look at it, and ask, if necessary …

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not taking the bait for the reward.

All supported Muse widgets are featured here https://musewidgets.com/  You will have to do the hard work to see if you can find one that meets your requirements.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there will be no „Yes, but …“ (what I assume), this is quite a simple task for Muse out of the box!

Look here: http://dotted-thumbs-slideshow.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

You may download the .muse file from the sample site. Please have a thorough look at it, and ask, if necessary …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this Gunter,

I can see yours but have to tell you I am still totally stuck.

My thumbnails.. I cannot get them to STOP showing the picture of the slide.

I am getting closer but cannot figure out why the thumbnail insists on showing the slide graphic. I cannot figure out how to delete it. I then will change the states.

Thanks for the continues support on this.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe me not being able to get rid of graphic in thumbnail is related to my problem of not being able to mult-select which has come back. I therefore will have to go thru the long process of a restart to see again.

Unless I am missing something.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter please watch this very short screencast I made showing you the issue and you can tell me if it is me or my system...

click

Recording #787

Thanks!!

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Gunter, In a worse case scenario I would use the one you sent me, even though I want to figure out why this is not working, but I cannot since it seems the one you used is the "basic" slideshow" which it seems limits me to 3 slides when I ned more than that?

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn`t find it because you didn`t try and didn`t search how muse works. Now you take Guenters solution and go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why do you simply read Pavel's and my answers #17 and #27 to the same questions in your previous thread: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9728412#9728412

Again: Click onto a thumbnail, until the image in it is selected (the image itself, not the thumbnail container; you can verify this by observing the object status label top right of Muse's application window), and drag the image out of the thumbnail container's visible area – just like Pavel's screencast in the above mentioed thread shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter, I take it you did not watch my screencast.

I am clicking on the thumbnail (not container),

It does not let me drag it out of container. It bounces back.

you saw in the video what happens.

I am really hoping the screencast I am making shows you how mine is operating differently and it is not me.

muse problem again?

I am restarting after I write down everything that is open (30 minute process).

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

39 sec video to show you it is not me. Cannot change thumbnails to solid circles like you.

click

Recording #788

if you agree, stay tuned for restart and I will report back

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to restart! It is definitely you, and not Muse.

Your video shows very clearly and without any doubt, what happens and what you are selecting:

IMG_0520.PNG

– First you select the thumbnail container, that is element, containing all thumbnails.

– Then the Thumbnail, that is the element, containing the thumbnail image.

– At no time of your video, you selected the image within its container.

As I already said: Look at the top left of Muse's application window. There your actual selection is indicated.

If nothing on your page is selected, and you click onto the slideshow widget, the slideshow is selected. Top left appears "slideshow" If you now click onto the thumnail area, "thumbnail container" is indicated. The next click selects a single thumbnail (now "thumbnail" appears top left). One more click and – surprise, surprise! – the "image" within its container is activated.

You have to select the image, not something else. This image you can move out of the visible area of the thumbnail!

And her a screencast showing the whole procedure:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gunter

YES

YES

YES!!!

Now I got it.  THANK YOU!  It woks, you get the reward!

C'mon that was very hard to see!  Even in his video that he made me, I never picked up on that I had to click so deep inside and it is subtle (especially for a newbie to Muse).

Thanks so much. I do appreciate it (and I did not have to restart).

One more Question for you.. are you more of a Adobe Muse problem solver person or a web page layout designer? What I mean is I have an idea of something I want to do that is important on my homepage, but not sure if/how it can be done or I need a creative suggestion.

Is this kinda thing up your alley?

thanks again!!!

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines