Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotation des vidéos et diaporama - retour au début non souhaité

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Lorsque le site que j'ai créé est affiche sur mobile, les vidéos et diapormas reprennent à zéro en cas de rotation de l'écran. Y-a-t-il moyen d'empêcher cela ?

Merci.

Vincent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this might be a browser issue? I guess it just loads new as the browser "thinks" it is a new device - do browsers think? LOL

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That only happens if you rely on re-direct scripts for mobile & tablet layouts.  Fortunately however, nobody rotates their screens except people like us who create and test websites 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy,

Thanks for ur answer. Do you mean that graphic designers are weird people ? 🙂 (specially french ones)

Have you got an idea for this problem ? (I've got weird friends who want me to find a solution)

Kind regards,

Vincent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION:  Re-build your site responsively.  No page reload will occur.  You have a separate page layout for mobile.  That's what's causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

But my site is reponsive ! 🙂 That's why I dont understand this reset.

Breakpoints 320, 414, 768, 1024 & 1280.

Maybe the site detects a breapoint (768 or 1024), because of rotation, and reload the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I say, the browser "thinks" it is a new device. I get the same appearance on a lot websites with video, too that it kind of reloads - not on all video sites, though. I guess it might be "your" breakpoint betwen 768 or 1024. 320 shouldn`t be a breakpoint BTW but only the minimum width - from this point there´s nothing to break anymore, no smaller devices from here, I guess.

Provide a link to your site so we can have a look - here coding skills from Nancy could come in quite handy 🙂 to inspect if possible. Me, I can only watch and assume what´s happening but hey, better than nothing, right?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Uwe,

Thanks for answering.

Here is the link :

https://www.coverwithfriends.fr/

I suppose I made lots of mistakes, I'm self-taught with muse.

Hope my work is not a disaster ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There´s one step that might lead to some better experience:

- create a lightbox (composition) with the small screenshots as thumbs/trigger for the video gallery (target)

(from viewing your site on desktop and shrinking the browser window).

Let me add that at least in germany the site doesn`t load properly on mobile (android) and although it is a https it is called out as "not safe" and at first does not redirect to https but http. So some server settings should be taken care of as well.

I also want to lead your eye to the menu - with developer tool from chrome I get this view:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-21 um 10.02.41.png

You may have closer look to sparkleapp (not spark from adobe, unfortunately and another unfortunately - mac only) or at nicepage - both OS - just in case you want to proceed with doing websites AND for getting better results as these two are for sure much better with video as Muse was, because since 2018 nobody developed Muse any further but video and youtube and almost everything kept on being developed but not Muse. So for existing sites or just image-based websites it might be okay in some way, but …

If you are into coding as well or are in the mood to learn, watch out Pinegrow as well - again I can not recommend Dw from Adobe (just ridiculous), which is really a pity but Adobe stays with prototyping websites (XD) and even this could of course be used and be finished in PG or Dw. Too much information? Well.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for these informations, Uwe. I'll take a look to Sparkle. I've already heard about this app.

But I didn't have time enough too try it. I know that Adobe Muse is no longer developed and I suppose problems will happen more frequently in the future.

I saw ur screenshot, I'm gonna fix it.

I have no skills in coding, and not really interested... :-).

I'm a simple graphic designer, always in the rush, and I'd like to find a simple app to replace Muse.

So, I'm gonna try Sparkle as soon as possible. I work on Mac OS.

Thanks again for spending time with my "neophyte" requests !

Great regards,

Vincent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a good plan to me. As far as I "experienced" in less than 5 minutes, sparkleapp is pretty easy. But of course there will come up issues as well. From a colleague I got that support is awesome, so …  .

Kind Regards, or Bon Jour,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vimeo is not causing the page to reload.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/438914557?title=1&byline=0&portrait=0&color=FFFFFF&autoplay=0&loop=0&...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines