Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Safe Encrypt FORM, Sensitive Information

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Users,

I'm designing a website and on a specify page I'm using a standard Muse Form Widget to send very sensitive information to an email address.

The website will be under HTTPS with safe SSL.

The thing that I'm not sure about, is that the email is not encrypted, because when I receive this email on the google email, the padlock color that I see is gray standard TLS safe. (Google got 3 padlocks: 1 red = not safe, 1 gray = standard safe TLS, 1 green = high safe for sensitive information S/MIME)

There is a way to encrypt the Adobe form widget? Any suggestions on how to use the S/MIME encryption?

I need to do that in case of some attack man in the middle.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

the standard for email encription is SSL/TLS and just about everyone uses that... it is only small (hand coded) servers running open emails now days but I assume you want to still run S/MIME so that has nothing to do with Muse

find a 3rd party host or service to rent you email ... once you pick that then look at their help notes for Muse | Wordpress | Wrapper | Pinegrow etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DamianoMocellin,

Not sure about the third party hosts, but this can be definitely achieved by Business catalyst hosting.

I got this thread as a reference - Login Form  see if it works for you as well.

Rest I also invite Ussnorway who is an expert in this field for any opinion.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankus,

thank you very much for your answer, I think that the link provided is for a Login form link to a new page or something.

I m looking to integrate some php to encrypt the information that people will send trough the Muse Form Widget.

I found a solution with Jotform that can encrypt the embed form and you can use a custom key to get the information. The problem is that those form are not really customizable like the Muse one and you need also to paid a Membership.

As I checked, in Adobe Muse there isn’t a function to encrypt the form, in fact those emails that arrives from the website form got just a standard TLS safety. Not enough for the information that will be sent trough this form.

Google suggests to use S/MIME

Email encryption in transit - Gmail Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the standard is SSL/TLS and S/MIME is new

it does not encrypt the mail

it does not work on all devices

it does not allow you to run your own system

• in basic terms it puts your email in a box and then locks that box to send it... the user at the other end needs a key and that comes from the host server i.e, a 3rd party host
  • they also need a device that can open the email and most phones don't so you need to know in advance what device the other user has

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, do you have any idea on how can I implement a safety encrypt form in Adobe Muse?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the standard for email encription is SSL/TLS and just about everyone uses that... it is only small (hand coded) servers running open emails now days but I assume you want to still run S/MIME so that has nothing to do with Muse

find a 3rd party host or service to rent you email ... once you pick that then look at their help notes for Muse | Wordpress | Wrapper | Pinegrow etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines