• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll bar missing in Muse website/BC hosting only in Chrome. Scroll bar shows in Internet Explorer and Bing. How do I ensure that Chrome users can use my website?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My website is built in Muse and hosted by Business Catalyst.  It appears fine when opened in Bing and Internet Explorer.  The first 2 main pages are lacking scroll bars when the website is opened in Google Chrome.  Is this a Muse issue?  Or is this a Business Catalyst issue?  One or both doesn't/don't work with Chrome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither will cause that. Can you provide a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.primarysys.com

Half of the computers in the office don't see the website correctly in Chrome (i.e. no scroll bar on right).

This first image is a screen shot of the home (aka Muse = Index) page when viewed in Chrome.

PSI website in Chrome.JPG

The 2nd and 3rd images are screen shots of the home page when viewed in Bing and Internet Explorer.

PSI website in Bing.JPGPSI website in Internet Explorer.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you solved it? Works perfectly fine for me in Firefox, Chrome and Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, as I said, it works fine for half of our staff - but not for the other half.  And the problem only occurs in Chrome.  You fall into the half where the website works.  And there is no consistency in the PCs where it doesn't work - some are 32 bit, some are 64 bit, some are old, some are new.  No, this is not a Dr. Seuss book.  This is a real problem and we don't know how to solve it.  -- Rebecca Breverman, Marketing and Sales Development, Primary Systems Inc.on behalf of Scott Alter

OK, problem has been solved (March 22, 2018).  I had Grouped the contents of the affected pages vertically.  Apparently when too many vertical elements are grouped together (i.e. the whole page), it sometimes impacts the appearance scroll bar in Chrome.  Grouping smaller sections of the affected page solved the problem.  Of course, the question is, why does this happen in Muse?  - Rebecca Breverman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines