Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scroll Effect Issues in Safari

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Muse Community,

I'm currently working on a site for a client who wants some of the content to appear horizontally from the right to the left. So this should of course be easy with the regular scroll effects, right?

To use Scroll Effects and responsive breakpoints, I downloaded the Scroll Effect widget from QooQee - really nice and usable, even with responsive objects. I finished the initial layout and I was shocked when I realized, that the elements moving horizontally are shaking up and down in Safari.

Especially on "slower" devices such as my MacBook Air, the shaking is even worse. My iMac 27 handles the site "okay" I would say, but the shaking is also visible there.

On Chrome (Mac) and Firefox (Mac), everything works perfectly, all Browsers on Windows work fine as well (even the Internet Explorer). I just contacted the developer of the widget and he said, the issue must be related to Safari.

To further erase the widget as a potential problem, I created the site with fixed breakpoints and used the native Muse Scroll Effects. The error is still visible...

My preview site is hosted here.

I also added a video of the sites behaviour, starting on Chrome, Firefox and in the end Safari. You can see these weird glitches very well when I use Safari.

Is this a familiar bug? Do you guys have any solutions?

Regards

Matthias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way here, contact qooqee. As right now I can only watch it on my mobile, I think you won't need qooqee for this, but not 100% sure though.

I used an almost similar scroll motion effect on desktop version only: www.grundschule-iffezheim.de/organisation

It is the small figure at almost the top above the submenubar. This is not easy with responsiveness as you would need fixed width breakpoints and unfortunately the height of elements is not responsive in muse. You must set it for each Breakpoint.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. As I said in my initial post, I also used the normal Scroll Effect from Muse with a fixed breakpoint. On phones and tablets with iOS everythink works out fine. But on iMacs or MacBooks the weird effect is still visible.

So I don't know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari is a known problem child and has  a reputation for scrolling issues.   It's impossible to make solutions for Safari  when you don't have access to code (HTML, CSS and JavaScript) which Muse doesn't allow.

Create your project in Dreamweaver with a commercial extension from Project Seven.  Panache animation extension is tested and works well in all browsers.  If you ever need help, Project Seven's customer service is A++

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I agree with your statement, I do think that for instance QooQee has access to the code since they developed the widget. So the question is: Was this weird bug always there in Safari or is it something that has appeared within more recent versions.

If someone with coding experience could provide a fix I would greatly appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

maddobs  wrote

If someone with coding experience could provide a fix I would greatly appreciate that.

Sorry I cannot help you with that.   Muse is end of life now which means it's not being updated  to support modern browsers and web technologies.  Most 3rd party widget makers have also stopped updating their products because there's no future in it.  Muse is dead.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines