• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling Issues on muse built site

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please help me figure out why my adobe muse site has a problem with scrolling on a mobile web browser only?

www.pearlewhites.in

You have to notice carefully that the problem occurs only during the first scroll motion i.e when you first swipe up the screen to scroll. The scroll motion will kinda get stuck and then from the second swipe up it will scroll as it should. If you scroll down a little and scroll all the way back up it will require a double swipe up to get scrolling again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

I did not say anything about hosting. I asked for 3rd party widgtes.

I also recommended not to use any pinning. YOur header with the menu and the footer are somehow pinned to the browsers top and bottom. Mobiles don`t like pinning very much – maybe mobile browsers don`t like pinning – pinning should be avoided.

I recommended to test it as I did in my first post to duplicate your site, using a new name for it, unpin header and footer, so that they scroll with the content and see if this changes the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May have to do with usage of 3rd party widgets? Must admit otherwise, no idea.

Works great as you try several times up and down, as you already mentioned.

Does not even seem that something covering your elements as it works fine after first/second swipe.

Let´s see what other forum members will have to say .

I only know that pinning is recommended to not to be used on mobiles. Maybe you try another version and test it on

yourname.businesscatalyst.com as a provisional website and test it on mobiles as well if that helps.

Just save it with a new name as a new file and change settings on mobile and see what happens.

Should take about 5 minutes to check. You know how to publish on BC?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think it has to do with hosting as it happens even on the local self hosted version of my website.

I had a custom scroll to top button implemented as you start scrolling down. I tried disabling that but the problem still exists. I've also implemented a custom modal popup. Again disabling that also did not help.

So at this point I really don't know whats making that happen. I do know that a lotta people might take that as a sign that there is nothing more to the website.

Also there is no implementation of iframes on that page.

If you browse to any of my 18 services page, for example

www.pearlewhites.in/implants.html

you will experience the same problem everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not say anything about hosting. I asked for 3rd party widgtes.

I also recommended not to use any pinning. YOur header with the menu and the footer are somehow pinned to the browsers top and bottom. Mobiles don`t like pinning very much – maybe mobile browsers don`t like pinning – pinning should be avoided.

I recommended to test it as I did in my first post to duplicate your site, using a new name for it, unpin header and footer, so that they scroll with the content and see if this changes the issue. You can publish to BC as a provisional website which will not get crawled by search engines. This could easily be deleted after test.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I probably didn't understand you fully. I shall try unpinning and post the results. Thanks. Your interest is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That´s what I recommend in your situation. If you need any help with details feel free to ask .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue and found out the solution. The scrolling gets a little glitchy scrolling down, and can get stuck sometimes scrolling back up from the footer. 

Check the page height of the longest page on your website, and then on your master, set the Min-page height at 100px greater than that (just to be safe). It makes sensse now why the scrolling could be glitchy around the header & footer. This will fix that issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines