• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Self hosting font from Myfonts.com

Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to self host a Font for a site i'm working on.  I went to myfonts.com download the desktop and web font.  extracted the files onto my desktop installed the desktop in my computer and try to add them to muse using the add self-hosted box and it just keeps telling me "no files found.  I can see them in the found in windows but there is nothing in the folder when i looking in it through muse. I have even tried drag & drop them over from windows box  and still with the "no files" error box. 

Please what am i doing wrong!!!

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a free font: Could you please give us the link to the font, you are trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to pay for both the desktop and web  the font is Kristen normal itc.

Mark

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you like, you may upload the font package to dropbox and send me the link via message (click on my avatar ). I’ll have a look at the problem and delete the fonts afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files, you sent me test-wise, can’t work:

For selfhosting a web font you need:

the system font (.ttf or .otf). This font has to be installed on your machine.

the .woff, .eot and .svg web font files, which have to be installed via the Muse font menu.

Your font data are containing no system font and no .woff web font file.

Look at this short video tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/how-to/add-self-hosted-web-fonts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help.  I do also have the desktop font system font installed I believe it was the .OTF.  I can't control what myfonts is giving me I've tried every possible configuration and their download setup menu and have eight different zip files with none off the files muse needs.

This is super frustrating I've contacted my fonts in an email describing to them the exact files I need from them to use in muse and they can't seem to provide them.  I never should have used myfonts.com I have watched the video tutorial 10 teens and it's not that I don't understand I just can't get the right files from myfonts.  I thinking of asking them for a refund and trying a different font vendor but I'm sure myfonts will tell me I'm SOL so this mistake is going to cost me dearly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are the options i get from my fonts and the resulting extrated files.

Myfonts screen shots - Google Photos

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only can say, the files you have gave me for testing reasons don’t include the system font don’t include the system font (.ttf or .otf) and the .woff font:

Screen.jpg

So,

1. either you don’t have the necessary font files or
  2. you didn’t send me the complete bundle.

In the first case, the font won’t work in Muse or on your web site, in the second case, I am not able to reproduce your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines