• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Self Pinning in a Group

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a text box above two image boxes. I can either leave them be and the text box changes width and stays centered, but overlaps the objects below at a certain breakpoint, OR i can group them all together and have the text respond and push the objects down, but on the first breakpoint it doesn't stay centered and is automatically pinned to the left...no matter what i do.

I am using Muse 2017.0.4 because 2017.1 has too many bugs to deal with and this bug is not fixed in it anyway.

When text is grouped with objects below:

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 7.37.43 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-30 at 7.38.16 AM.png

When I ungroup the text and pin it to the center:

Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 7.39.07 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Since mixed pinning feature was not there, What you can do put things in state button and put text boxes or whatever content w.r.t to center pin and in this case state button will be pulled w.r.t to each others.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may have different of reasons!

Please take your Muse file and delete all pages but one, and all elements except the ones, which are visible in your screenshot, and give us this .muse file to inspect. Please follow these instructions, to do so: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is link to my muse file with just the one page.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’r replicate your issues except one: The „Bottled Water“ and „Discover our System“ element  don’t shift correctly.

This can be fixed by deleting one of your many HTML-elements:

screen.jpg

It is always a good idea, to delete HTML elements and/or 3rd party widget to test a page.

As I said: The „Ozon Advantages“ overlapping isn’t reproducible here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that if I pin the other objects below the text box the same way (for example all pinned centered) the objects below will be pushed down. However, if i pin them differently (text pinned to center, box below pinned left) it overlaps the object below. Not sure why this happens and is certainly inconvenient if they need to be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, those issues you have happening are not happening on my end. Which I feel in itself is an issue...unless you are using Muse 2017.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t understand, what you want to say!

To reproduce, please give us the file again with these modifications. But please reduce it a little bit more, (HTML elements, download files), so that we have not to do it, before finding our way to the relevant elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Adobe Muse 2017.1? Because I am using 2017.0.4

Here is link to file without HTML and Images, sorry about not removing those the first time.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using 2017.1.

I'll have a look tomorrow, because now I am no longer sitting in front of my machine, ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is no problem at all. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here, you have a file, which works fine on Muse 2017.1(!): https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhzxa898s2fl2pe/GOBottled_Mod.muse?dl=0

What I did:

• Deleted the images at the bottom of the page. They are working as expected, and there is no reason to keep them. They only hinder the fixing process.
  • Removed all pinning (there is no reason to pin your elements) with exception of the not resizing element on the blueish area.
  • Removed the white background on master page, which bleeds very far at the top of your page and replaced this rectangle by a simple browser fill.
  • Replaced the blueish image frame behind „Bottles water“, „Discover our System, …) by a rectangle of the same size. Reason: An image frame as you are using it, scales proportionally, If you reduce window size, it becomes smaller in height, therefore the elements placed onto it, run vertically out of this area.
  • Deleted this MuseGain „Side Menu“ which causes vertical shifting of some elements.
  • Deleted all these other 3rd party widgets ("more links", …) on your master page.
  • Added a small bugfix widget, which is necessary in certain situations, until we get a Muse bugfix update. If you want to know more about this issue, read here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2374713

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help and the time you took.

Unfortunately, this doesn't really help me. You have removed a lot of my design, and tracking html, which I'm just going to add back because I need it. Also, I can't use your file because you are using 2017.1 and I am on 2017.0

But again thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not really true. I only deleted elements, which work correctly and cause no issues (for example the images at the bottom of your page). The smaller a file is the better the problematic elements can be isolated.

If I say, a placed 3rd party widget or a HTML injection harms your site, and you don't believe it, you can place them back, and look, if they works. I didn't test each element in detail – simply because this is genuinly your personal task. But you really can't say, you "need" these element, if they cause issues. Or better: If you really "need" exactly these elements, use them, and in consequence accept the issues …

But yes, I use the newest version of Muse. If you don't do, I unfortunately can't help. But I can confirm, that the new version does no harm to your site. You could test this by yourself by using the new version with a copy of your file, and revert back to a previous version, if you encouter problems on your specific sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do need the tracking HTML for google analytics and such. And I need a mobile menu, so getting rid of these elements is a non-starter and I don't want to have to redesign my entire site because of an update that causes so many problems.

I guess the conclusion here is that I will just deal with the workaround and hope for a better update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jenkirk91  wrote

I have a text box above two image boxes. I can either leave them be and the text box changes width and stays centered, but overlaps the objects below at a certain breakpoint, OR i can group them all together and have the text respond and push the objects down, but on the first breakpoint it doesn't stay centered and is automatically pinned to the left...no matter what i do.

I am using Muse 2017.0.4 because 2017.1 has too many bugs to deal with and this bug is not fixed in it anyway.

• the divs in your .muse file have a pin [to left browser] which is the default action for a grouped div in that build... this is NOT the same thing as pin.

Screenshot (1404).pngScreenshot (1405).png

the simple work around to get rid of it is to place the group inside a state button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the default to pin to the left browser when in a group?

Do I have to place every element group (text, Markets Group, Ozone Advantages Group) in a state button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jenkirk91  wrote

Why is the default to pin to the left browser when in a group?

ask Adobe... but sort answer is they needed a simple fix to make fluid designs work

jenkirk91  wrote

Do I have to place every element group (text, Markets Group, Ozone Advantages Group) in a state button?

up to you... here is an example of your group in a state button

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since mixed pinning feature was not there, What you can do put things in state button and put text boxes or whatever content w.r.t to center pin and in this case state button will be pulled w.r.t to each others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the question asked was; "how do I remove this pin"

w.r.t. (with respect to) state buttons: all objects; text, images etc are the same so once placed inside a state button his options are,

• Pin (left, center or right)
  • Pin [to browser (left, center or right)
  • no pin... I tend to go with this one but sometimes the design needs a pin to work

to be clear, ALL objects inside the state button will be slaved to what ever pin statis is set at the state button level of the group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ussnorway,

Too many bugs you say? That explains much. I've been struggling for many weeks with Muse, and I have found that far too many things don't perform as claimed, and my simple site, with a slideshow, an image, some menus and a heading plus a couple of buttons is a dog's dinner I refuse to accept as being good enough. Software that needs this much effort is bad software. As for responsive sites, these are supposed to be a timesaver for us? I could have produced a fixed site for most screen sizes by now, and they would work perfectly. I wouldn't be using Muse either.

Many thanks for highlighting the bugs - I thought everything that had gone wrong was my fault. Some of it probably is to be fair, but clearly not all of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines