• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sending a form to multiple emails

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no matter what i try, i cant get the form to send to multiple emails. when i define only one email adress it works fine. when i define 2 email addresses i get a message on the sight that the form was sent but i never get it on neither addresses.

i host my sites at go daddy.

please helllppp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Hi,

I am sure of one thing that you are right as issue is on Godaddy side.

So 7-8 months back most of the email clients like yahoo, aol and gmail worked a lot on there codes to stop spamming emails sent from non secured links.

After the update with most of the email clients all the hosting providers updated there scripts to meet SMTP and IMAP functions but in some case I found that Godaddy follow default settings till the time you do not inform them.

Also I trust your findings but still say to check

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you following the procedure in Add contact forms and style form widgets in Adobe Muse. ? Can you provide us with a screenshot if all is fine?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your response.

I've done some experiments with go daddy (just to point - I AM NOT A CODER AT ALL):

When sending a contact form to 2 emails that are using my go daddy account (local email) - everything works fine.

When i'm trying to send a contact form to 2 emails that are not in my go daddy account (such as gmail) - it fails and i get no email on any account.

Worth to mention: if i set only 1 email in the contact form (gmail or else - not go daddy) - it works fine.

the only problem is with multiple emails that are not on go daddys llocal account

My conclusion is that the problem is with go daddy.

My question to you is:

1. is this realy the case?

2. is there anyway to change it so i can still use go daddy but send contacte form to multiple email accounts not stored on go daddy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague from the support team suggests that you contact Go Daddy to remove restrictions on your email service. Can you check and let us know?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sure of one thing that you are right as issue is on Godaddy side.

So 7-8 months back most of the email clients like yahoo, aol and gmail worked a lot on there codes to stop spamming emails sent from non secured links.

After the update with most of the email clients all the hosting providers updated there scripts to meet SMTP and IMAP functions but in some case I found that Godaddy follow default settings till the time you do not inform them.

Also I trust your findings but still say to check the proper format of adding multiple emails in the form widget (separated by semicolons) in the Email To field.

You can contact Godaddy and let them know your findings also try to upload your site to some other host (Just for trial) if that works then godaddy support can check and compare the results.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks

Prabhakar Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank u for the detailed response. I use the form correctly using semicolons and all (As I said - it does work when using go daddy's emails or when i enter only one address such as gmail so i must be entering the adresses right).

I will check with a differrent server and talk to go daddy.

Thank u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peran. So i checked with go daddy and they did their tests and concluded that gmail does not accpept the email because it recognizes the fact that the form is sent to multiple emails and is considered spam (or somethiong like that). this means that the form is fine and go daddy is fine but gmail is blocking the email.

so us there anything that can be done about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi itayo1981,

This could be very easily dealt by GoDaddy.

They just have to whitelist "Gmail" from your email account. 

It's like sometimes we do in our own system by disabling Antivirus to allow few critical programmes.

Please reach out to them and I am sure they will be able to deal with this.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines