• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SEO and Muse

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a potential client who is looking to get a site done but before I start in earnest I am concerm about the effectiveness of SEO in Muse. Read some pretty heavy critisism of this and don't want to produce a beautiful looking site that no one can find. It is a tool to sell his business and would rely on search results to point potential customers in his direction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2013 Feb 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is SEO friendly. Ensure you put to use the paragraph style and character style  in Muse, Title and Alt tags for images, Page metadata, and good content that changes often and you have SEO friendly website. I hope this tips help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with topelovely.  Muse doesn't have any problem with SEO but as the designer you've got to do the same things you would do for example in Dreamweaver.  To clarify one point, it's important to have an H1 header for SEO.  So for your important text you want SEO to find, create a paragraph style then in the style options make it a h1 - Headline paragraph tag.  You can put anything in the page metadata field that you can in any other web development software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this is all reassuring. I see that although one can create as many paragraph styles as one needs but when mapping these there is only on P tag. There are 5 or 6 H tags. I have a couple of different paragraph styles – does it matter if I map on of those to an H tag? Also does SEO pick up keywords in paragraph styles (for body text) or only H1? Hope this makes sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have as many p, h1, etc tags as you want. Just give then different names and assign a p, h1, h2 tag  as you so wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Does it matter that an H tag points to a body of paragraph text? I understood H to mean heading? Also does it matter what order they appear in? Sorry for stupid questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobekb.com/strategies_for_seo.html

Just looking here and it states: A well-formed web page uses headers that display in descending order to define tiers of text content.

So basically H1 = main header H2 = Subheader H3 = sub-sub header P = paragraph (body text)

This is as I suspect and is logical but if I use an H tag for a body style this breaks the logic. So if I have more than one body text style can I create more P tags? P2, P3 etc? How does this affect SEO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't affect SEO! What you have done is you have created a p tag with a class p2. In css it will be written as p.p2{}, meaning it is a class of the p tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my understanding that SEO relies most heavly on the H1 tag then tiers down to the P.  So, for example, if you had a web page about "The World",  You'd want that in the H1 tag.  Then you might put different countries in the H2 tag, States in the H3 and so on.  The P is meant for your paragraph details.  Most importantly, you want your H1 to reflect your overall subject matter for the search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one. digitallayering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can some help me how I should place tags on my webpage.

I have master page where I describe what tools I use for my services. Next pages are services like Weight Loss | Addiction Treatment | Sport Performance | Personal Training | Depserrion Treatment etc...

Is it okay to give all pages Tags down from H1,2,3,4,5,6.... folowed by P

or

Should I Set main page Heading as H1, and subpages H as 1,2,3,4,5.... accodding amount of pages and services?

or

What's the real way to make google understand my page and content best way.

Sorry if silly question but I'm new with SEO.

Thanks

Message was edited by: NeuroGens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H tags are like titles in a book. The broader category usually is tagged as H1, and then it usually gets more specific the lower you go. For example you might have "Depression Treatment" tagged h1, and then beneath it have your treatments for depression listed as subtitles tagged h2.

Make sure you put your key search terms in your h1 and h2s. Google doesn't pay too much attention once you get past h3. Also make sure you put key search terms in your page titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for previous simple & clear reply.

My company name is NeuroGens, so what would be best and more effective way to tag "NeuroGens" in case someone will enter that search term in SE and I would like get that in search results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I think the best way will be including it in your Meta Description. Please check the google guidelines for this

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/79812?hl=en

I hope you are using Googe Webmaster tool to optimize your site in Google Search result.

Hope this Helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Improving site ranking with search engine optimization Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the goal of raising the online visibility of site with higher ranking in search engine's list of search results. Sites that are ranked highest appear at the top of the list, which encourages visitors searching online to find a relevant site. Good search engine optimization practices help improve a site's ranking, which tends to increase a site's traffic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi ,

My client's website is invisible on google search, he complaining about that, but the contract just included a website construction not seo top ranking, should I send another invoice dealing with that issue ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that it depends if you mean "invisible" literally or not... If it is not showing up at all, even when the url is searched, then you should help them out. There are plenty of sites online that will do mass search engine submissions for free. Even without these tools, the major search engines will find it eventually anyway.

If they're looking to improve their rankings, then thats a whole other job and definitely warrants a new contract/invoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, when i type just the website name in google search i get my client's facebook page, but when i type its name and then let's say the city, nothing shown in the first results page nor the second. I adviced him to get a blog and feed it with content. May be that will do the trick? What about the sites online that you talking about? could you give me some names? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I usually do it manually... if you just google "submit site to google" it will take you right there. Same for bing and yahoo.

Otherwise, if you google "website submission tools" you will come across sites like http://www.freewebsubmission.com. They are a also pretty handy if you're feeling lazy...

Even without using these methods, google should find and index you. It doesn't usually take more than a week or 2 in my experience.

If they don't, make sure that you do not have a robot.txt file in your top level directory that has "noindex" instructions. Google robots.txt for more info.

Once he is indexed, yes, a blog will certainly help.

Also, if you're trying to get location based search rankings, ie. "Chinese food in Chicago", you will want to register with Google Places for Business, and Google+ Local. Bing also has a places for business area. This will improve your ranking and help for the biz to get listed in Google/Bing Maps.

I hope this helps. If you are comfortable showing me the URL, I might be able to help you further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah no problem that's the website www.iusm-cam.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little confusing because my french isn't as good as it used to be... but there are a few problems that I can see right off the bat:

You need to 301 redirect the http://www.iusm-cam.com to http//iusm-cam.com (no www.), or vice versa. Otherwise you will get duplicate content penalties. Google sees that as 2 different websites with the same content.

There is far too much written content on there that is in image form, rather than text. http://www.iusm-cam.com/gouvernance.html page for example. All of those names and their job positions are images, not text. Google doesn't really know what to do with images. Switch them to proper text.

You should put some keywords in your title tags. Make sure they relate to the content of the specific page they are on. "Contact Us" as a title tag is a waste. Something like: "Earn an MBA | IUSM | Contact Us" would be better.

You have a bunch of broken links poiting to 404 pages. Those are guaranteed to f*** up your rankings.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, right now you just have an image of google maps... it would be worth making that fully functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hay ... Likewise with our online shop business site https://www.raliashop.com/ , there are a number of articles that cannot be indexed by search engines, so traffic cannot increase. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have no idea how to help. Did you setup page titek and page description as recommended? Why can your articles not be indexed by searchengines/google? If you put up your SEO like recommended from -muse-themes.com - 5 tips for better SEO, you should be fine, although indexing mostly takes one to two weeks, so patience is helpful as well.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines