Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seperating CSS and Javascript on Muse

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I made this website, using mainly a muse template called Gaze. My first attempt at a Muse site.
yourdateproject.com

I showed it to a developer friend of mine who told me, " i can see that the index file has the whole css code and whole javascript code on it. Normally these parts are broken up into separate files, like a style.css and the javacode.js are stored in a sub-folder of the website and called by a css or java tag by the page."

He nor I know enough about Muse templates to know how to fix this issue, but was wondering if anyone here did.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Normally these parts are broken up into separate files, like a style.css and the javacode.js are stored in a sub-folder of the website and called by a css or java tag by the page."

Some files work just like that. But what is on the page can not be transferred to separate files. So take it for granted and use the Muse as it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But where is the issue? Is anything going wrong with your site?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is nothing particularly wrong with the site. I just want to optimize and speed up the site as much as possible, so was wondering if there is a good way to do so.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally these parts are broken up into separate files, like a style.css and the javacode.js are stored in a sub-folder of the website and called by a css or java tag by the page."

Some files work just like that. But what is on the page can not be transferred to separate files. So take it for granted and use the Muse as it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it thank you.

The biggest thing I wanted to ask about the website was it's speed. I am happy with the way the site is, but want to speed up the load time.

Can't seem to find any good solutions other than upping things on the server side.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines