• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site desktop, tablet and phone not working properly published

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several times to get this to work. I designed a landing page that contains a desktop, tablet and phone segments with the appropriate breakpoints in place (380, 768 & 1024) in a single file. The 3 elements work fine in preview but when published in either Business Catalyst or HTML only the desktop and tablet work properly the phone layout does not show when the window is condensed to that size. What am I not doing correctly? Completely frustrated as deadline looms. This the first time using the program. Attached are what the pages look like in Muse and on the web.

In Muse

landing pgs in muse.jpg

On the web - note phone pg

Namcook pgs _on Chrome.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try removing the custom font and test with websafe fonts... also post a url to this Adobe BC site so we can test with different phones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font I used was Myriad Pro a websafe font. Should i use another? Here's the BC link Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gdesign  wrote

The font I used was Myriad Pro a websafe font. Should i use another? Here's the BC link Home

when you use a non-websafe font it gets turned into an image and that changes the way it is rendored by the browsers... these fonts in red are the ones i'm talking about mate.

landing+pgs+in+muse.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, To be safe I'm going to swap them all out for a font similar in appearance. I'll let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swapped out all the fonts and I'm still having the same problem. What else should I be looking for? Here's the link again Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should change the text resizing instead "None" to this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-25 um 23.16.04.png

Otherwise muse does not know what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, everything works now. Quick question though are there particular breakpoints to use to accommodate when a phone is turned horizontal or do I do something with the type at the bottom within the current breakpoint? Here's the link Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not really sure, …?

gdesign  schrieb

Thanks, everything works now. Quick question though are there particular breakpoints to use to accommodate when a phone is turned horizontal or do I do something with the type at the bottom within the current breakpoint? Here's the link Home

1900 px

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-26 um 01.00.59.png

around 1000:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-26 um 01.01.10.png

around 530:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-26 um 01.01.36.png

There seems to still be a lot of work to – sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had set specific breakpoints for desktop (1024), tablet(768) and phone (380). I see what you talking about though 1900 seems oversized for most browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you could make it a fixed width breakpoint for this, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm going to try that, as it apparently isn't working now on any of the platforms. I wondering if the 3 levels should be fixed at this point as I can't understand what happened or is happening. Attached screenshots are from BC link Home

Current screen widths desktop 1366px  tablet 768px and smartphone 380px. Help!!

From ipad screen

IMG_0117.PNG

From IE screen, full screen

screenshot-namcook.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think you should set the header to resize only in width, non in width end height.

Because this form in the header screws up the top.

You should group the right columns text and picture, so that the text pushes down the picture. As of this reading it still overlaps each other. From 1024 upwards you still use fluid width breakpoint and not fixed width. It is not satisfying, I guess, to ostracize larger screens

But to get deep into it, I would need a .muse. Very reduced to one page. If you have concern, create a placeholder for your pictures.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I send you the .muse file? All I'm looking for will be the steps to correct what's not working regarding the breakpoints and any reformatting if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes too much time, to inspect step by step, what´s wrong. It´s much more easy to look at one or two certain issues, fix them, pass this file back to you and you keep on finishing the work.

It starts, that you think, too little people use big screens. It is an extraordinary racicsm to ostracize big screens.

While this is very easy to "repair" (use fixed width breakpoints) we can make suggestions much more easy and you don`t have to follow by reading, instead you can see and experience live how to solve your issues step by step.

If you want to share: Upload your site to BC as a provisionally site, before you place a download button onto the page and link this to your file (copy of file, if reduced).

Or, share via dropbox.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright figured out the large screen issue as well as the phone sizing. Having problems with the tablet (1024px w) after several tries nothing seems to be working whether fixed or fluid, responsive width, or responsive width and height. There's some combination I'm missing. Attached are the Muse file and the tablet top and bottom shots.

Muse screen shot

tablet window.jpeg

Tablet shot TOP note gap between bottom button and gray background

tablet window top.jpg

Tablet shot BOTTOM note gap between footer and photo and type and bullets issues

tablet window bottom.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see the .muse file? Screenshots look fine, so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got the desktop and tablet layouts working properly and now the phone which was fine initially looks fine when vertical but when in horizontal its a mess. Do I need to create a separate layout for horizontal with breakpoints or is there a way to modify the existing phone layout. Visually it appears to lift the look from the tablet is that what it supposed to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines