• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site graphics are cut off in mobile phone

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Created a non responsive website in one size only (no tablet or phone option). My site looks great on a pc, and when I go to it on a tablet or phone it is falling a part. The photo slider on the top of the pages don't scroll with the background and the images overlay the text. All graphics and images that are set to a 100% is cut off on the right. Can you please help me? This happens on every page.

Image 2017-07-06 2:13:39:626.png

Image 2017-07-06 12:13:39:626.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

I found the problem! It was the Dynamic Copyright widget from Muse Themes!

Thanks All!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, you made all the mistakes, which one is able to make, when creating a responsive site!

1. Have a very concentrated look at your elements on master and layout page: Do they overlap, or are they placed outside the page/breakpoint boundaries? You can check this by coloring your page background (not the browser background) temporarily and use the scubber to examine the behaviour of your single elements.

The second question (overlapping elements) is better discussed after solving the first problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the site I made was not responsive it was a fixed width, there are no breakpoints. Some of the graphics are overlapped naturally as images on top of different colored graphic blocks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He wrote, that he Dez Karpati made a non responsive website .

I am interested where this leads to.

I assume the site is not fixed width layout but fluid width layout.

But without a .muse, I won`t assume too much for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a fixed width layout (1200px) this way the site can "shrink" to smaller devices. The fluid width layout is used for responsive sites, and if there are no additional breakpoint the site won't "shrink"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something with the overlapping graphics. I duplicated this site and removed all pages except the home page for simple testing. I removed all the overlapping graphics and it worked. Unfortunately this is still not working for me in the full website. Im still going at it, probably missed one!

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ā€¦ and what do you want to say with your last post?

Do this: Delete all unnecessary element and all unnecessary pages to reduce the complexity and size of your site as much as possible. This helps a lot to analyse the issue. Upload this "reduced" site to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and give us the download link. Then we'll have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. My "other idea" is following my last post.

YOU have to try which elements are causing the issue, before deleting them. Or do you want to leave this for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem! It was the Dynamic Copyright widget from Muse Themes!

Thanks All!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine! Exactly that is one of the reasons, why I always repeat: If someone encounters an issue, give us the .muse file and delete all unnecessary elements before. This makes analyzing easier and often enables the  thread opener to find the solution by himself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines