• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sito Web made with Muse after PC reboot how can I recover the Site??

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENT!!!

I published a website using Muse, but after a total cancellation and reboot of my PC now how can I recover all the Muse files from the website??

I used Filezilla to download all the website files but now when I try to open it are not recognized anymore by Muse (ERROR MESSAGE "The File... .muse" is not a supported file format.)
How can I do now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Urgent answer : If you didn't do a backup of your muse on an additional HD, which is highly recommended for everything you create, there's no way to recreate the muse from HTML, which you have downloaded. The only editing now can be done with IBE. Sorry, for bad news.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urgent answer : If you didn't do a backup of your muse on an additional HD, which is highly recommended for everything you create, there's no way to recreate the muse from HTML, which you have downloaded. The only editing now can be done with IBE. Sorry, for bad news.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

However, what is IBE exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shortcut for "inbrowserediting". Filling in credentials, same as the credentials for ftp, you are able to edit/change text, images and links. You cannot add images, text only as much as you created space before. You cannot add or delete pages. It's a kind of CMS but not a real CMS.

Type in the addressbar inbrowserediting.com and follow instructions. Easy - really.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have to say that I'm very disappointed that there is no way to recreate the Muse from HTML, it's a shame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, fact is, MUSE is a code generating website tool and no code editing website tool. Beside some details you hardly do too much with external code. It has advantages and disadvantages, but BACKUPs have always been a veryvery important component of computing, haven´t it?

Now and then there are some tools, working a little bit like muse AND like a code generator, would be interesting with WO CODE and waller.io how they handle this issue, though. Pinegrow (and all the other ones out there), to name only one, is able to do code editing after site is published.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines