• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide show and text frame pinned when moving vertically in design view

Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a blank slide show to a Muse page which is causing one text frame (not the others) to move together when trying to vertically adjust spacing. It's as if they are grouped but they aren't. I've had this problem in Muse before. Any answers to solve?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add (I couldn't find an Edit function here) that when I cut the text frame, the slide show jumps up the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You added a blank slide - a slideshow with no images? - … which is causing a textframe (not ther others?) - to move together - with what?  Please give us/me a more understandable question, a screenshot, whatever it takes to let us/me help you - letting aside that Muse is under EOL since 2018 and if you start with a new website now, with little knowledge of Muse, it might be better to use another app - assuming you are not into code, otherwise you wouldn't have stepped in here?

Your second or addup question makes me even more concerned - are you talking about the "textframe" belonging to the slideshow, if we even talk about slideshow(s).

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response and sorry for not being clear enough. I copied and pasted a slide show (that was originally blank but now with images) from another of my Muse sites onto another site page I am building. This page has three text frames (or maybe they are called text boxes?) made with the Text Tool, and a couple of images that wrap within the text. After placing the third text box at the bottom of the page, I moved it down to make room for the slide show. Then I pasted the slide show. I wanted still more space under it to accommodate a few videos. When I moved the bottom text box down to make this extra space, the slide show (and "next" and "previous" arrow buttons) moved with it as if it was grouped with it (but it isn't). Screenshot attached. Hope this is clear.

I am aware of Muse EOL, but I will take my chances with keeping using it for now - it still works perfectly for my needs. I am aware of other apps that don't require knowledge of coding and someday I will make that replacement.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.47.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure or better I must admit that I don't get it. Next and prev buttons are of course "grouped" with the slideshow you can place them where ever but belong to the slideshow always, of course.

I didn't get it, did you use fluid width breakpoints or fixed width?

Images inside text boxes are at least kind of tedious between breakpoints as they behave different to text.

But anyway, can you give a link via CC to download a .muse? Just one page with your elements?

Like this we all can save a lot of time, I guess.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines