• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slider images misaligned after sync and merge

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When designing a slider "gallery" the New Hero and New Thumbnail image place holders are set as Fit Content Proportionally... I did not enter any images during design time bar a 0% opacity .png image as a placeholder - I want the user to enter the images as a learning curve.

After and In-browser-editing session - after publishing, the images display correct in the browser even if not to a prescribed proportionate size (4:3 ratio or at least 1024x728px or larger). The images that does not comply with the 4:3 ratio have either a bar at the top and bottom or a bar on the left and right.

Once back at the design desk and after a sync with the server, the images does not display correct.  The image origin is in the 0,0 position of the image holder, Thumbnail as well as Hero image.  To fix it I have to click on each image and reset it back to Fit Content Proportionally in the settings dialog and after 100's of images (for a property website) it becomes a tedious job - at times id does not want to be fixed. And this does not get fixed after an upload either

You can have a look at the design website www.webdesigndemo.co.za  the Properties page and you will notice some of the images does not display correct. Below are some samples. In the first image the bathroom photo was taken in portrait mode.  After sync and merging with the server the image repositioned to the 0,0 position of the image frame although proprtionally in the portrait mode

The second image did the same with all the lanscape images repositioned to 0,0 although proprtionally in the landscape mode.

In the third image the first Thumbnail and Hero image display after I fixed it - after the same happend as in image-01 and image-02.

The system works perfectly if the original image's width and height is more than the Hero image frame width and height and more-or less in the 4:3 ratio.  It was designed to be like this.

image-01.jpg

image-002.jpg

image-003.jpg

Any suggestions would be welcome.

P

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Thank for such a long and fully descriptive video, I understand the issue you are facing.

I am investigating on this issue and will get back to you with any answer obtained or probably will have to log a bug.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to work with the workaround you haev suggested of manually resizing the images and re uploading the site.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey pierrecor,

Are you noticing something after he recent Muse update?

In your URL I see no images, looks like you are redesigning your "properties" page.

Let me know if anything changes after the update.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did not want to upgrade to the latest version,

too much negative comments. I am about to make a video to explain what I

have found. I'll reply to this with a link. Tx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention, I work with my clients through a demo website where

they can follow the progress and I can make adjustments on the fly. I did a

cleanout hence no images

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the video explaining the issue.  As mentioned the workaround is to resize the image dimensions larger and to the same ratio as the slider place frames. My apologies for the large file, but this is the best I can do for now. I have uploaded the muse file and original images to the pierrecor.com server.  If you want access to the server, send me a private email to spcornelissen [at] gmail.com.

My client resized all the images to the same dimensions and width:height ratio. This is a property website and the image content is quite volatile, fortunately they understand why and what to do.

I have placed the video on Youtube: Adobe Muse Slideshow Image "Bug" - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank for such a long and fully descriptive video, I understand the issue you are facing.

I am investigating on this issue and will get back to you with any answer obtained or probably will have to log a bug.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to work with the workaround you haev suggested of manually resizing the images and re uploading the site.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines