Exit

Slider like the Apple app store

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Hoping you guys can help.

In Muse, is there a widget or way of creating a sliding product thingy like they have on the apple app store. You know what I mean, when your scrolling left to right to see what new, brilliant yet potentially daft games they have on offer....;)

I want to be able to feature various products of different categories set out in rows, ie:

Row 1: Houses

Row 2: Apartments

Row 3: Cottages

In reach row there would be say 30 individual/different items. Naturally not all of these can fit on the screen at the same time, whether it be mobile, tablet or screen. What I want to be able to do is have a small number of the 30 odd items available to view (say 4 or 5), however the user scrolls from left to right, then back again, using either the mouse of a finger in a swiping action, in order to be able to scroll through (horizontally) the remainder of the items which are available within that category on that row. (Hope that makes sense).

Each individual item would have text below and then link through to their own individual product/item page. Within that page we'd go again with the same left to right scrolling idea in order to display additional images which they can click on, which in turns links through to an on page pop up gallery.

Apologies if the answer to this question is obvious, I'm a bit of a newbie to the Muse family.

Hopefully this can be done and look forward to any and all advice. If need any additional info'/description as to what I'm hoping to be able to achieve, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Phill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

This can‘t be done with Muse out of the box and would require extensive JavaScript programming.

I‘d try to achieve something similar by nesting composition widgets: One composition with 3 triggers (houses, apartments, cottages) and in each target another composition with the respective amount of triggers and initially hidden targets, or with triggers, which are hidden behind the target areas, using „previous“/„next“ buttons to navigate between the items instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can‘t be done with Muse out of the box and would require extensive JavaScript programming.

I‘d try to achieve something similar by nesting composition widgets: One composition with 3 triggers (houses, apartments, cottages) and in each target another composition with the respective amount of triggers and initially hidden targets, or with triggers, which are hidden behind the target areas, using „previous“/„next“ buttons to navigate between the items instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Gunter,

Ah ok. What a shame. Thank you for getting back to me and thank you also for your ideas.

I'll give them a go and see how it turns out.

Many thanks,

Phill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines