• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow captions won't stay under hero image (different aspect ratios)

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings-

I'll try to make myself clear here, but I think the best thing is to include images.

Anyway, I'm working on a site for an artist.  Understandably (I guess) he'd rather his photos not be cropped.  However, his photos are in a whole lot of different aspect ratios.  Some landscape orientation, some portrait orientation, some in an aspect ratio never before known to man.

On a wide monitor, the captions are fine.  Positioned right where they should be:

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 7.58.12   PM.png

However, when I look at it on a (13") laptop monitor,  the caption gets pushed down so much that you almost need to scroll down to see it, and there's a whole lot of white space.

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 7.59.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 7.59.45 PM.png

At first I thought that it was because the subsequent photos were larger in height (portrait oriented) but the same thing happens on those slides too:

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 8.05.38 PM.png

I tried inserting the caption text box into the hero image frame, but no dice.

The only other thing to mention is that there is a tooltip rollover at the top (the words "About The Glover's Repository" brings up a large tooltip box.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Your captions-text-box was just a little too much overlapping with the "Read More" button.

It will not follow in the design mode but in preview in browser it works on my side.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-11 um 10.39.53.png

My screenshot show the final size of the captions-text-box.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please paste this slide show into an empty, newly created .muse file, delete all images from the slide show except 1 or 2 and verify, if the issue is still present.

If yes, upload this small .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will do right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey md,

We are still waiting for your file!

Please let us know if you have already fixed the issue, so it would help us as well in understanding the issue.

If not, please try sharing the file again and we will be glad to have a look at it.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm trying to upload the file right now (crappy wi-fi, so it keeps failing) but it seems I'm having a different (but similar) problem now.

I worked around the "captions not staying close to the photo" problem by just aligning the bottom of the image to the top of the caption box and letting the space above the image be what it may (landscape images have a lot of whitespace over them and portrait have none, but at least the bottom of the photos stay constant and flush to the captions.)

However, now I'm just having the same problem only with a different element: a tooltip.  If I open the page in a wide enough browser, everything looks good.  But as soon as I narrow it, the tooltip disappears further down the page.

Buuuuuuuut... only on one site.

I did what Günter Heißenbüttel ​suggested above, (or a modification of) just by creating a new site with just one page.  I created a new composition exactly the same as in my original site.  Then I copied and pasted the tooltip from the original site.

Works like a charm.

I *literally* copied and pasted the new composition into the old page, and....   I STILL LOSE THE TOOLTIP.

So I thought "hmm, my page properties or site properties must be different between the two sites."  But I'll be damned if I can see a difference.

So I'm uploading two files.   The first one is the page that is giving me trouble (the original one).  The second is the page and site that totally works.  

Here's the "example" site which works fine... the "read more" stays right beneath the caption...

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 3.52.24 PM.png

Here's *my* site, where the "read more" floats down off the screen. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 3.52.34 PM.png

AND I COPIED AND PASTED THE EXAMPLE ONE!   What on earth?  (uploading files right now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here's the link: Adobe Creative Cloud

The "Website-1.muse" is the file that works, the "Original_Site.muse" is the one that has the problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your captions-text-box was just a little too much overlapping with the "Read More" button.

It will not follow in the design mode but in preview in browser it works on my side.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-11 um 10.39.53.png

My screenshot show the final size of the captions-text-box.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GENIUS!   I would have *never* figured that out!   Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome. We all started with the first step, so don`t worry and ask.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines