• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow image file sizes locked?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason out of the blue I'm unable to enlarge image sizes of jpg photo files in my slideshow containers. I've been tweaking image sizes back and forth trying to get the largest images for all screen size breakpoints. While it has been a longer more tedious finishing of my site than expected, until now it had been fairly smooth with no glitches as far as I can tell. It's very frustrating, I was feeling very close to finished and all of the sudden my file sizes seem maxed out. If I enlarge a hero container, then the image, it seems to work fine, but when I move on to another image to do the same thing, then go back to check the previous, it has reverted. I can make images smaller and it seems to stick, but I'm unable to make the images larger. This maxed out size is also exactly the same across all of my break points no matter how different in size the hero containers are. This maxed out size also seems to be focused on the height of images, not the width.

To make things more confusing, if I add new images, I can import at the larger size I want and even further enlarge as a test and both sizes stick. It seems I need to reimport all my files, but there are hundreds with several breakpoints all needing manual sizing, so that would be thousands of redo's which is totally unacceptable.

Any advice? Is it possible I did something to lock a max height size, something I can undo? No matter how long and hard I look, it doesn't seem possible. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I reported a similar issue (not the same one!) some days ago to the Muse team, I would be really interested in a .muse file, which demonstrates the issue.

If you want, please try this:

Resize one of your „misbehaving" images within the slideshow container manually, until it fills the container completely. Perhaps it looks quite blurry now.

Now preview the slideshow in browser and go back to Muse. Does the image look and behave correctly now?

Anyway, it would be helpful, to check your .muse file. Please do the following:

Place only your „misbehaving" slideshow into a newly created, blank .muse file, delete all images within the slideshow except one or two, and give us a step-by-step instruction, what we have to do, to reproduce your issue.

You can share this .muse file via Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service by following these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice/ideas! Unfortunately I don't have much time right now, so I'll have to come back to attempt recreating the problem. Also, I think I performed too many steps to possibly remember them all.

Here's a visual example of what I'm facing though. The attached images are in the same exact hero/image container. The smaller is the problem file I cannot get any larger sizing to stick (the same as hundreds of others). The larger is a bit too large, but much closer to what I want and I should be able to tweak it down to fit my goal for this screen size (iPad2 ?). Why can I not size them the same when they are in the same container? I was able to size the smaller one as much as I wanted until a surprising moment that came out of no where.

IMG_9178.JPGIMG_9179.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No chance to answer you question. The only way is the one I described.

Don’t know, why you think, it is time consuming:

• Create a new .muse file.
  • Copy the slideshow onto it
  • Delete some images from the slideshow, so that only 1 or 2 are remaining.
  • Save the .muse file and upload it to Dropbox or a similar service.
  • Give us the link.

Maximum 5 minutes, I guess. But it is your decision …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were asking me to repeat many more past steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines