• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow Lightbox Hero Image not scaling to Hero Container size ???

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slideshow Lightbox works fantastic with the 3 black & white stock pictures when all the defaults are left intact.

The moment I select 'Add Images', the Hero Image size changes to very small !  WHY ???

This should NOT happen.  No setting has been changed and yet, MUSE changes the Hero Image size that is displayed in preview without the users permission.

If this was a free program, I would understand this DEFECTIVE code.  This is completely unacceptable for a program that I pay $36.82 Canadian Dollars per month to use.  What is the solution to this known issue ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

In order for the Slideshow Lightbox to display large for 4X (3840X2160) displays…

Site Properties:

‘Fluid Width’ selected

‘Max Page Width’: I set mine to 3000

Selecting ‘HiDPI (2x)’ will reduce the display size of the Lightbox rendering by 50%.

Your original jpeg file resolution must be 2X larger than the resolution you want it to be displayed.  I set it back to ‘Standard’ so the jpeg is rendered at full resolution.

Also, ‘Max Page Width’ will not set the ‘Breakpoint Width’ in ‘Page Properties’

Page

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue?? There is an issue similar to the one you told, but, if your description is correct, it can’t be this issue at all. Could you please show us a screenshot?

I assume, you are importing images in portrait format and image fitting is set to „Scale to Fit“ and not „Scale to Fill“.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how it should appear

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post the screenshots here. Not possible to open yours, becausa a Microsoft sign in id required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse.jpgThis is not proper

MuseCorrect.jpgThis is proper

I am importing both landscape & portrait.

Set to 'Fit Content Proportionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please reduce this slideshow to only one(!!!) image, paste the slide show widget into a newly created .muse file and share this .muse file with us, using Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service? You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

The bug, I mentioned above, is this one, but it doesn’t match your description at all:

1. Open this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfoa3x1sysa5rw8/slideshow-issue.zip?dl=0 file in Muse.
  2. Select one of the images within its container (not the container).
  3. Reduce the size of the image considerably by dragging one of its corners.
  4. Now right click onto the image and choose „Fitting/Fill Frame Proportionally“.
  5. –> As expected, the image now fills the image container completely again.

Now try this:

1. Select one of the images within its container (not the container).
  2. Reduce the size of the image considerably by dragging one of its corners.
  3. Preview the page in browser.
  4. Go back to Muse, right click onto the image and choose „Fitting/Fill Frame Proportionally“ again.
  5. –> The image centres within its container, but doesn’t fill the container any more!

Here a short screencast to visualise the issue:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I may have found the culprit:  HiDPI (2x)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To repeat, what you said:

"If this was a free program, I would understand this DEFECTIVE code.  This is completely unacceptable for a program that I pay $36.82 Canadian Dollars per month to use."

A little bit too fast, wasn’t it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in a sense.

I have spent soooo much time trying to overcome this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s life: If one does it right, it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a fool.

I apologize to Adobe & family for my harsh language.

It was wrong and inappropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order for the Slideshow Lightbox to display large for 4X (3840X2160) displays…

Site Properties:

‘Fluid Width’ selected

‘Max Page Width’: I set mine to 3000

Selecting ‘HiDPI (2x)’ will reduce the display size of the Lightbox rendering by 50%.

Your original jpeg file resolution must be 2X larger than the resolution you want it to be displayed.  I set it back to ‘Standard’ so the jpeg is rendered at full resolution.

Also, ‘Max Page Width’ will not set the ‘Breakpoint Width’ in ‘Page Properties’

Page Properties:

‘Fluid Width’ selected

‘Breakpoint Width’ must be set to the same as the ‘Max Page Width’ in the ‘Site Properties’.  In my case, 3000

With ‘Fluid Width’ on and no ‘Break Points’, this works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines