• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow Lightbox images not scaling large in mobile?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lightbox with the slideshow in muse doesn't fill the entire hero box when in mobile. It seems that the width affect the height of the image and because in mobile the width in narrow then the images are displayed small... regardless of if I select fill frame or fit content.

http://hallshaven.businesscatalyst.com/gallery.html   

Please select the third image to see what I mean.

I'm lost as to what to do to fix this. I like this slideshow in muse as it loads fast... other widgets that I have tried are slow to load.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

This behaviour is absolutely normal for a light box slideshow.

• Look at your image in design mode. The image doesn’t fill its container in horizontal direction (see the yellow areas in the attached screenshot, which visualises your image container). If you resize your screen, the image container of your lighbox resizes responsively. The image within shrinks accordingly. In other words: If your hero container fills the screen on small devices, a portrait image shrinks proportionally and – of course

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no mobile design on that widget but the code is making a different image for smaller screens

Screenshot (145).png

vs

Screenshot (144).png

i.e, they look different because they are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... I understand that they are different but why is muse scaling the images so small. They are leaving a large amount of negative space around the image in the hero box. However if I scale the hero box very long (thin but very long) then it gets bigger and if I scale the box wider than the mobile screen then it gets bigger. But if I leave it the size of a mobile screen then is makes the image really really small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aleksandraa16584469  wrote

why is muse scaling the images so small.

sorry is that a default Muse widget or some 3rd party job?

if its Muse then please provide the .muse file (just a small part of the gallery) will be fine to test against

if its a 3rd party widget then talk to whomever made it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its the muse slideshow widget sub selection lightbox. Sorry how would I send the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the file. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Dropbox - muse_help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behaviour is absolutely normal for a light box slideshow.

• Look at your image in design mode. The image doesn’t fill its container in horizontal direction (see the yellow areas in the attached screenshot, which visualises your image container). If you resize your screen, the image container of your lighbox resizes responsively. The image within shrinks accordingly. In other words: If your hero container fills the screen on small devices, a portrait image shrinks proportionally and – of course … won’t fill the screen, because it doesn’t fill its container. If you want this image to be as wide as your landscape orientated images, you have to right click onto the image and choose „Scale to Fill“ or enlarge your image container to about 1200 px!!
  • But there is another issue, which intensifies your issue: Go to breakpoint 700 px and look at your image 3! Compare it with the same image at breakpoint 969 px. You see: you simply have to re-scale your image at breakpoint 700 px (apparently you scaled it manually there before). To do this, select the image within its container, rightclick onto it and choose „Scale to fit“.

Screen.jpg

And more „tiny“ information :

If you share a .muse file with us, it would be very helpful to delete all unrelated pages, elements images in advance, in order to assist the „helpers“. For many of us – especially for those with a slow internet connection – it is not really funny to download hundreds of megabytes, identify the issues among lots of other elements, checking them, waiting, until all these elements are rendered for browser preview, and so on …

In your case, a tiny .muse document containing the slideshow with only one or two images would have been enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much for your help... I didn't realise you could right click the hero box to change the display options of each of the images. I thought there was a simple answer somewhere!!!!!

Also sorry about the large file size this is my first muse website and still getting my head around things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem! Just remember the next time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines