• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow problems: Thumbnails and heroes no longer match after Muse update. And my "fix" created a new problem.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having two distinct problems with slideshows on a site. And the problems spontaneously manifested for no apparent reason. Perhaps there was a bug in the most recent update? I am describing problem 1 first and explaining how I fixed it. But the fix led to a new problem, which is listed below and I still need help with it.

Problem 1: I've been developing a site for months and everything was fine. But just this last week I noticed that on all of my pages with slideshows, when I preview the page in a browser (any browser or even when previewed in Muse) and click on a random thumbnail in the gallery, none of the thumbnails match the heroes (except the first thumbnail in the gallery). But there is a mathematical order to how the rest of them are off. Hopefully this makes sense...

On a page with a thumbnail gallery containing 56 images (8 images wide by 7 images deep) the following happens:

If I click thumbnail #1 in the gallery, the correct hero pops up in Light Box (hooray).

But if I click thumbnail #2 in the gallery, hero #6 pops up in Light Box.

If I click thumbnail #3 in the gallery, hero #12 pops up in Light Box.

If I click thumbnail #4 in the gallery, hero #18 pops up in Light Box.

If I click thumbnail #5 in the gallery, hero #24 pops up in Light Box and so on....

Each thumbnail in the gallery is linked to a hero which is 6 images off from where the previous thumbnail linked to. After that incorrect hero pops up in Light Box, the subsequent hero images are in the correct order. But of course the initial hero that pops up does not correspond to the thumbnail which is clicked. They're off by factors of 6. In the Assets panel, the image names appear to be linking to the correct hero. I even tried "re-linking" various images in the Assets panel, with no success. I have also tried deleting all of the images in the gallery and then re-adding them.

The only thing which made this problem go away was deleting the original Light Box widget entirely, dragging a new one in and re-building the gallery and re-typing ALL of my captions for each hero. A real pain in the ass. But now, the newly created thumbnail galleries won't align where they're supposed to...

Problem 2: See images pasted below. They are screen shots from one of the pages on this site. There are two objects on this page: a text box and the thumbnail gallery for a light box slideshow. Pretty basic. They are supposed to be aligned along their top edges. And they used to be - before I had to fix the problem listed above. But now, no matter what I do, the thumbnail gallery will not align with the text box when it is previewed. It looks fine in design view, of course. But when viewing in a preview, the gallery seems to be trying to center itself on the page vertically. Why won't the thumbnail gallery align and stay where I put it? This only happens with Light Box galleries I created to solve the mismatched image problem described in part 1.

I have tried aligning it by drag and drop and also by selecting both objects and using the Align Objects command. And I have not even yet gotten into designing for responsive widths yet. Also, neither object is pinned.

Please help! These problems are delaying the launch of this site.

Here's a screenshot in Muse.

Alignment in Muse.JPG

Here's a screenshot in a web preview (Chrome) with the mis-alignment.

Alignment in web preview.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

I see your issue.  The solution:

• In the slideshow’s configuration panel select „Show lightbox parts while editing".
  • Now select the lightbox and drag it downwards, until the hero image is placed „under" the top edge of your thumbnails, or
  • Drag it sidewards, until the lightbox doesn’t overlap the thumbnails any more.
  • Deselect „Show lightbox parts while editing“ again.

Screen.jpg

• Now all should work as expected.

(Not sure, if this is expected behaviour or a bug. But, nevertheless, it solves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t know, if the first issue (wrong heroes) is a known problem. Perhaps Preran​ or ankushr40215001​ should have a look at this.

What you should do, to help solving the problem:

Could you place the slide show into a newly created .muse document and delete as many images as possible, to demonstrate the wrong behaviour (This is helpful, because it reduces your .muse document, what simplifies to identify the bug.) Please link this .muse file here to have a look at, by following these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Your second issue (shifted slideshow) may be caused by a bug, introduced in the newest version of Muse. This bug will certainly be fixed in an upcoming hot fix release. In the meanwhile, you may use a little bug fix widget, which the Muse team has published and which is linked here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2374713. Please tell us, if this fixed your issue.

As a third alternative, you may sign into the Muse prerelease forum https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/muse to have a look at the upcoming hot fix update. This version will install alongside of your actual version and will not conflict with it.

Edit: The first issue (wrong heroes) is a known issue as well, and should be fixed in the next update too. (Therefore I crossed it out subsequently.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply and solution suggestions. However neither one has helped correct the vertical alignment problem of the thumbnail gallery. I first installed the bug fix widget and dragged it into the page layout. I tried placing the widget in multiple locations, but it didn't have any effect in the preview.

I then installed the pre-release version of Muse from the link you provided and the problem is still there. After that, I even tried applying the bug fix widget to the beta, but still nothing.

Can I provide any more information that might help solve this?

I have tried different Align Object commands to see what happens. When I try to center-align and bottom-align the two objects, the thumbnail gallery continues to appear much lower than it should when previewed. Any other type of object, like a shape or text box will align with the old existing text box just fine. But the thumbnail gallery just will not align where I want it to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, in this case I assume, there is a layout problem. Could you please follow the suggestions in the crossed out part of my post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had to go out of town this week but am back and just created a test page, like you asked, and uploaded the file to Dropbox. As a reminder, I am trying to get the two elements on this page (a text box and a thumbnail image gallery) to align along their top edges. When the page is previewed, the thumbnail gallery is placed too low and will not align. Thanks!

Dropbox - CRJ Site troubleshooting test.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your issue.  The solution:

• In the slideshow’s configuration panel select „Show lightbox parts while editing".
  • Now select the lightbox and drag it downwards, until the hero image is placed „under" the top edge of your thumbnails, or
  • Drag it sidewards, until the lightbox doesn’t overlap the thumbnails any more.
  • Deselect „Show lightbox parts while editing“ again.

Screen.jpg

• Now all should work as expected.

(Not sure, if this is expected behaviour or a bug. But, nevertheless, it solves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Günter. That did fix the problem. Simply moving the position of the hero container to the level of the thumbnail gallery made the thumbnail gallery align properly with the text box. That was never an issue on previous version of Muse though so it seems like a bug or at least a conflict that arose between updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think so too: It‘s a bug, but fortunately one, which can easily be worked around.

I‘ve already reported this to the Muse team In prerelease forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when the thumbnail/hero mismatch (counts down instead of across) update will be pushed out? I have a ton of existing slideshows that are messed up because of it and would be a real pain to recreate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, new versions of CC apps will be presented at Adobe MAX. In this year MAX will take place at October, 18th to 20th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for problem number 1? Someone said that it is a well known issue and should be fixed in the next update, but we just had an update and it's not fixed, and I don't see postings about it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is fixed in the prerelease version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. thanks, Gunter. Do you have any sense of when the full release will be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally at Adobe MAX new CC app versions are presented. Adobe MAX takes place next week from 18th to 20th October.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Gunter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey all,

I seem to have a VERY EASY fix to this issue. I will post it in a few of the similar threads I read looking for an answer myself, before stumbling upon it.

I took a moment to read the release notes (really to delay jumping into redoing the dang thing from scratch!):

https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/release-note/adobe-muse-release-notes.html

And noticed this line:

"...you can also choose to make widgets in your older projects responsive by setting responsive sizing and pinning to it."

This made me remember that I had converted this project from a FIXED layout to a FLUID one. So I gave it a shot and followed the instructions. I went, swung open the slideshow item and selected the "Thumbnail Container" item, then went to the top toolbar and set it to RESIZE HEIGHT & WIDTH (I think that was the only responsive option available. None were available for the slideshow as a whole).

Actually, I didn't even monkey with the pinning at all, but your mileage may vary.

I then previewed in Chrome and whammo! All was good and back to normal. So I hope this helps some of you.

Best,

Lance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines