Slideshow rollover image state

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I have a question. I am making a slideshow like this:

Schermafbeelding 2018-03-24 om 14.36.13.png

When you push on the orange arrows you switch between some artwork of mine. But with this one I want to do a rollover state, that when you roll your mouse over the image, it opens. Like this:

Schermafbeelding 2018-03-24 om 14.41.37.png

I tried to do this by uploading an image in rollover state (with fill), but then the first image just stays. Then I tried by deleting the first image and then using the fill option with normal and rollover, which kinda worked, but then the image changes when you roll your mouse over the composition box, not the image, so it changes too early.

Is this possible with Muse? I would really like it to work like that but I don't know if you can.

With another project I want to show the front and back of a sculpture i made, so a slideshow within a slideshow kind of thing. Also just with simple arrows. I also can't figure out how to do this! It doesn't work when you just put to widgets on top of each other... help?

Thanks!

Ellis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Hey Ellis,

You cannot add multiple hero image boxes within the same Slideshow.

Now, you can use different slideshows for your different images but that won't give you the slideshow effect.

But you will be able to see all your after images at once and then if you roll over them you would be able to see the before images.

Now, In order to create the effect that you want, what I would suggest you is to use a 'Composition widget'.

In the composition widget, you can make the triggers as small thumbnail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ellis,

You cannot add multiple hero image boxes within the same Slideshow.

Now, you can use different slideshows for your different images but that won't give you the slideshow effect.

But you will be able to see all your after images at once and then if you roll over them you would be able to see the before images.

Now, In order to create the effect that you want, what I would suggest you is to use a 'Composition widget'.

In the composition widget, you can make the triggers as small thumbnails for your images and in the Target.

You can set the fill as your after the image and in rollover state. You can use the before image.

After this, you can use the Autoplay feature available in the composition widget and you will get the desired result.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hmm ok ok, but will it then just autoplay? Because I really don't want the images to slide automatically, I want people to be able to click the arrows to go to the next page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines