• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow with multiple visible slides and overflow hidden on second slide

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Muse strictly for designing to show to a client, so I do not need it to function perfectly as a website. I am trying to display functionality as seen on this page: Center Carousel Demo with partial slides showing on the ends  In short, I want to have a rectangle container that has two (or more) elements. The first child element is a rectangle of the same height as the container, but 2/3 the width of the container, aligned to the left. Next to it, positioned to its right, but still left aligned, would be another element of the same size as the previous child, but with the right half not visible because it overflows outside its container. I've tried to show it with an html table below as visual reference, but I'm not sure if will look right on all screens after I post it.

SLIDE #1

This block is completely visible. And both blocks are the exact same size, but only one and half blocks can be visible in the container.

SLIDE #2

This block is has its right half hidden. So for example, I would like this text to continue off screen (hidden) instead of wrapping at only the visible part

I've tried to use different widgets, but none will let me overflow items. It just keeps expanding the container to fix the entire element visible in it.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

If you look into the web, youā€™ll find, letā€™s say, 2003678 ways to style and set up slide shows and galleries.

It is simply impossible, that each of these options can be available within Muse, which is a very young visual web design tool.

Because of this, Muse is extendible with 3rd party widgets.

There is one, which allows you you build every thinkable gallery and you can anministrate and configure it, without even starting Muse:

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/gallery-connect

If you donā€™t need

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michellef,

This feature isn't currently available within Adobe Muse. I understand that you have explored some widgets, but just to be sure, this website contains a comprehensive list if you want to have a look.

Widgets ā€“ Adobe Muse Widget Directory

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent a day looking for a widget, trying to work out how to create a sliding carousel that displays previous and next images. It's can't be that hard?  I thought Terry White did a tutorial on it?

Is there any way to create this?

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 4.42.35 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look into the web, youā€™ll find, letā€™s say, 2003678 ways to style and set up slide shows and galleries.

It is simply impossible, that each of these options can be available within Muse, which is a very young visual web design tool.

Because of this, Muse is extendible with 3rd party widgets.

There is one, which allows you you build every thinkable gallery and you can anministrate and configure it, without even starting Muse:

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/gallery-connect

If you donā€™t need such a highly configurable widget, have a look at this one: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/media-pro-gallery

Or find a suitable one here: https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for links to find gallery widgets...

If anyone has any tips on how to create a widget as above, I'd be grateful to hear.

I'm sure I saw a tutorial on this, but perhaps it's been negated with the advent of responsive Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe me: There is actually no way to create something like that in Muse ā€žout of the boxā€œ.

And: Nothing has been ā€žnegatedā€œ. This never was possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I saw Terry White do it, so clearly he is some sort of Muse Wizard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Terryā€™s video tutorials. There is no one using a slider with thumbnails floating to the left or right. You must be wrong! Definitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your time.

I'm happy to leave this open to other people's input now.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines