• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow with text

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a full width slideshow of images. Some time after the image appears / transisions I want text to appear on the image.

Different text for each image. Maybe some images with no text.

I did think I could use two identical images the second one with text but I can't seem to even do that.

I always used to use Photoshop to do this sort of thing but I was hoping to do it directly in Muse.

I am new to Muse so be gentle!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Hi PatriciaS,

although Muse is under EOL you may still use it as desired. It´s not only prototyping – only unmusers have this opinion .

It may be possible with jQuery or CSS transition but it is also possible without a single line of code.

sideshow with text

Watch this and feel free to download (watch the top of the site).

It is of course a kind of mathematics necessary so the slide show images stay for 8 seconds while the composition is set to stay four seconds. This is the most simple way I guess.

O

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I am maybe getting somewhere but I still need help because what I have acheived is pretty basic.

I tried to use 2 of the same images and moved the caption onto the image, I edited and formatted the caption text white and big in a tranparent text box.

In a basic way this works but it's a bit strange because the caption does not actually transition. It just appears a split second before the transition. Also the slides do not actually transition from one to the next but sort of very briefly fade to white(ish) in between.

It all looks a bit 'clunky'

Any ideas

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Muse so be gentle!

patricias22918275

Muse is end of life.  It's OK for quick prototypes.  But for web authoring, it hasn't much future.   And widget developers are rapidly losing interest in Muse.

Adobe Muse EOL FAQ

What you want can be done with one set of images,  real text captions and jQuery or CSS transitions.  However, images of text cannot be indexed or translated.  For this reason, real text is prefered for usability.

Carousel Bootstrap Fade Template

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PatriciaS,

although Muse is under EOL you may still use it as desired. It´s not only prototyping – only unmusers have this opinion .

It may be possible with jQuery or CSS transition but it is also possible without a single line of code.

sideshow with text

Watch this and feel free to download (watch the top of the site).

It is of course a kind of mathematics necessary so the slide show images stay for 8 seconds while the composition is set to stay four seconds. This is the most simple way I guess.

Of course it may be possible to use three times the same image and play around with text inside the composition.

In case you have any further question for understanding – well ask.

It has nothing to do with PS, it is possible with real text – great for SEO and IBE

Best Regards,

Uwe

P.S. Don`t mind the address of the site – I had to use an old unnecessary BC-address.

P.S. 2: I left the triggers visible in its active state to better find out how I did it. You may set them to be not visible at all, of course

P.S. 3: With that blank composition you can also place each text whereever you want it (almost)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your help. I went with this one - it seems to make sense to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines