I just upgraded to Muse 2018.1 version. After this unfortunate upgrade my LIVE site keeps on popping up this message every time I try to click on any internal link on my website:
Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.
How do I fix it???
I cleared 1 weeks' wroth of cash in the browser- nothing.
I restarted the browser- nothing.
I went on searching in Help section and one of the suggestions is to re-upload all the files instead of just the one that I updated. It took 1.5 hours to upload the whole site and the message is still there. BTW- my fav icon is gone too!!!
Here is my website: http://www.mosaicsphere.com
Please help! I am looking at alternatives to Muse, but it will take some time to learn a new program and re-design my site from scratch. I need a solution now. Thank you!
Did you already look in some of the forums answers? Let me add, that I don't get this error. Did you try to clear browser cache?
As it turns out, the newer version is doing this by default. You need to manually tell it not to do that. I just spent 1 hour on the phone with the Adobe rep and we finally got it working:
Here is a link and a snippet from that post:
If you are comfortable with editing xml files, perform the following workaround.
Open the AppPrefs.xml file in your system.
You can open AppPrefs.xml from the following location:
Modify the <key>SuppressMissingFileError</key> value from <false/> to <true/>.
By modifying the preference key in Adobe Muse, you can suppress the error message from appearing at your client's system or browser.
This answer could have been found several times in the Adobe Muse forum. It doesn't do it by default. I had it once only. With all sites except that one, even the upgrade to 2018.1 didn't produce this issue on my side.