• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.???

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Muse 2018.1 version. After this unfortunate upgrade my LIVE site keeps on popping up this message every time I try to click on any internal link on my website:

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.

How do I fix it???

So far:

I cleared 1 weeks' wroth of cash in the browser- nothing.

I restarted the browser- nothing.

I went on searching in Help section and one of the suggestions is to re-upload all the files instead of just the one that I updated. It took 1.5 hours to upload the whole site and the message is still there. BTW- my fav icon is gone too!!!
Here is my website: http://www.mosaicsphere.com

Please help! I am looking at alternatives to Muse, but it will take some time to learn a new program and re-design my site from scratch. I need a solution now. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you already look in some of the forums answers? Let me add, that I don't get this error. Did you try to clear browser cache?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out, the newer version is doing this by default. You need to manually tell it not to do that. I just spent 1 hour on the phone with the Adobe rep and we finally got it working:

Here is a link and a snippet from that post:

Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing

Workaround

If you are comfortable with editing xml files, perform the following workaround.

Open the AppPrefs.xml file in your system.

You can open AppPrefs.xml from the following location:

• Win: C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC\2017.0
  • macOS: Library > Preferences > Adobe > Adobe Muse CC > 2017.0

Modify the <key>SuppressMissingFileError</key> value from <false/> to <true/>.

By modifying the preference key in Adobe Muse, you can suppress the error message from appearing at your client's system or browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This answer could have been found several times in the Adobe Muse forum. It doesn't do it by default. I had it once only. With all sites except that one, even the upgrade to 2018.1 didn't produce this issue on my side.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines