• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I updated to Muse 2017.0.3 . I export as html, then upload to server through FileZilla.

I get the same message on my website, "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect..." every since the update.

I only changed 2 minor items since before I tried updating my website. I tried clearing my cache on my browsers, and tried editing the .xml file as suggested on this adobe link: Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing .

I also tried deleting everything from my Public Html folder on the server, then deleting everything on my Muse Export folder on my computer, then exported as html from Adobe Muse all over again, then re-uploaded to the server. The same message pops up on my website.

When editing the xml file, I changed the value of False to True with notepad. Then reloaded back to server.

Am I doing this right, with editing the xml file with notepad?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 annotations::

1. Why don't you use Muse's own upload command? Using this, every single file is checked against the files on server using the "musemanifest.xml" data. FileZilla can't do this.

2. Especially, if you often upoad the site, your browser may have cached the older version and run into confusion.

If you give us the link to your site, and we don't meet this alert, it is definitely a cache issue on your machine.

3. If you can't get rid of this alert, and you know(!), that the warning is incorrect, you my have a look at a Muse preferece as explained here: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/files-on-server-missing-incorrect.html

Ups! Either I read your post not exactly enough. Or you modified it after my response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.ncthpo.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No "missing files" alert here. All works fine.

Seems to be a cache issue on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted my machine. I see the xml file is still set at "true" :

<key>SuppressMissingFileError</key>

<true/>

I exported to html again, and reloaded from filezilla back up to server. Same Error Message.

I also tried upload command from Muse. Is there the command that I find from "File" then "Upload to FTP Host" ? I tried that, and it says there's no home3 folder and it asks if I want to create one. It says my home3 folder does not appear to point to the site www.ncthpo.com

I also tried going to my website from another laptop here at work, a laptop at home and from my mobile phone. Everywhere I tried gets the same Error Message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my side it works perfect, no error message.

http://www.ncthpo.com/our-history.html​   On this page You didn´t use a web - save font. Any reasons for that?

The same to this page:  http://www.ncthpo.com/administrative.html​

As far as I can see, all the other pages use web fonts.

System fonts are exported as pixelated "picture" and therefor are bad for SEO, if you need SEO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for noticing the web fonts. I changed them to web fonts and uploaded them to the server. I see the changes, but I still see the same error. I called a friend that works a mile away in a different building to go to my website www.ncthpo.com and he says the same error message comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume your "home3" is the so-called root directory? Of course I don`t know your provider, take care that this home3 is the main directory to your domain.

In my experience I "allowed" Muse to create this folder, I also "allowed" it once to ignore. Both worked.

You should ask your provider (or you check this by yourslf - some providers allow this from their website) about your issue.

Also from my experience upload via Muse "Upload to FTP" is by far the easiest. What`s your point to do this viy export to html?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't help you with filling in your credentials In the "Publish" dialog. But believe me, this normally works fine.

Here is, what the help files are saying: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/uploading-site-third-party-hosting.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines