• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

some files on the server may be missing ...

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the "some files on the server may be missing or incorrect..." error message when viewing my website blackgraphics.com. I'm using the latest Jan 2017 Muse version. I get the error message in Safari & Firefox. When I added the debug line onto the URL (as one previous forum discussion suggested) I get a note saying "Out of date: museutils.js,jquery.musemenu.js" on all pages of my site. On the slideshow pages I  get "Out of date: museutils.js,jquery.musemenu.js,musepolyfill.bgsize.js,musewpslideshow.js,jquery.museoverlay.js,touchswipe.js"

As far as I know I only use built-in Muse widgets. The site was working perfectly until I updated Muse. I have read all the posts mentioning this message and it supposedly was fixed in Muse 2015 version. I have deleted cache but no fix (which I would guess from the debug message). I deleted all the files on my server (hosted on Dreamhost) and re-uploaded all files but still get the error message. The site is working fine except that the error message comes up every time a  page is loaded.

Can anyone let me know what to do to fix the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this FREE widget: https://widgetsformuse.com/widgets.html#!/Tools-Hide-message/p/86716540/category=22375045  does exactly what you like. It won't show the "missing files..." alert anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VexShad - THANK YOU! It worked. Phew. What a relief. Adobe should be thanking you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon! Just tried it on another site and it didn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you have to place the widget on every page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. I did that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you paste a link ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do, after I hear back from Ankush as I deleted the widget and tried his method, so need to add it back in to every page but want to see what he says first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I understand but it should not be possible to see the alert message as the widget disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. VERY BAD. Since changing the file that Ankush suggested, I am now getting ERROR 502 on all pages except the home page. What the heck? I'm changing that file back to see if it helps. Here's the URL. This is seriously FRUSTRATING.

http://www.luluwebdesign.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sarah,

I checked your site and it appears totally fine at my end.

And I don't even see "some files on the server missing error!

Try to clear the cache of your browser as see if works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trust me, I was getting 502's and what was really odd was that I was also getting "this folder doesn't exist" msg when I published, even though I didn't change anything in ftp. That has now gone away.

I republished and got the files missing message (on Chrome only). Cleared cache. Same issue.

Next, I added VexShad's widget back in. THIS HAS NOW WORKED.

Not how I had planned to spend my afternoon but I am grateful that it's now working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey VexShad,

As I see that your widget works for most of the files on server missing issue.

I invite you to submit your widget to https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets  so anyone getting affected by this error can get it easily.

It doesn't matter which workflow resolved the issue, the thing which matters is, it should get resolved by least efforts of the customers and looks like your widget works pretty well.

We will also try digging more into it to see if any such fix can be developed natively.

Thanks Sarah for your patience.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have submitted the widget. Waiting for confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VexShad -- Just so you know, I was browsing around your site and looking at your widgets, and any time I clicked to see a preview, I was saw the missing files warning. Alas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you post me one specific link that I can have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I am literally losing my mind over this. I have tried everything above including adding the widget to every page. Here is a link to my page: Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as I can see ( on 4 different browsers) everything looks fine, the widget is installed, no error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!! I guess my browser had not updated the files yet. You are a GENIUS. The fact that Muse has so many issues like this makes me INSANE. You saved me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VexShad,

Sorry for the delay in answering. The other day when I left my comment, virtually every preview I clicked on for any of the widgets on your https://widgetsformuse.com/index.html site were bringing up the dreaded error notice(!). Today I went back and checked again, and everything is working perfectly on your site, as far as I can tell. I don't know if you changed anything, or if it is local to my computer (my own site is now finally working again, too). Very puzzling! But I'm happy to report that your site now is working fine on my end. (And you have some really nice widgets, too!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CuriousChip,

thanks for the information. I think it was your computer because I changed nothing. The other thing is that only the preview pages with the widgets are done with muse, all other pages like the index and shop pages are made with bootstrap ( no error possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded Muse today. I published a (test) website to Adobe Business Catalyst. The error message popped up again.

Users have identified the line of code which causes the message. Maybe the Adobe Muse team should REMOVE this part of the code entirely. From what I can see, nobody has specifically requested public error messages. In it's current state, users can't disable or enable it. For years. This feature is not ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines