Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some objects/Assets export wider than on design mode

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I usually scour the web before ever having to ask the question that has probably already been asked, but I just couldn't find anything relevant to my issue.

When in design mode, my slide show and bottom rectangles all seem aligned well, but when exporting some seen to have grown in width making it not aligned.

here are some screen shots!

indesignmode.PNG

BROWSER MODE

browsermode.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

I posted this issue in Muse’s Prerelease Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change this double arrow to look outside instead of inside (you have to click it).

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-17 um 10.20.18.png

Does this solve your issue?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t think, this solves the issue. I think, it is a "standard" layout issue.

To avoid hours of guessing, do the following: Reduce your existing site to only one typical page, containing only the elements, which demonstrate your issue. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time). Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter thank you for your time. Here is a link to my muse site. Please explain to me how to solve this for my other pages should I experience the same.

muse site Joshua Barrios - Box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that did not do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don’t have the time to analyse this issue in all details.

Somehow, the grey, pattern filled rectangle behind the counters is causing the issue or at least is involved into the misbehaving positioning of the image.

• If you drag the top edge of this pattern filled element down to the bottom edge of the black area behind the counter elements, all works fine.
  • If you make this element a footer element and reposition it, so that it has the same position as it has before, it also works fine.

What bothers me a little bit: If I copy the "misbehaving" image to the right (hands with phone), the black rectangle below, the pattern filled rectangle and the white rectangle with its blue line line on top and copy it together with all breakpoint to a new site with equal width, all works fine too.

That makes me think, that some of your 3rd party widgets are at least involved into the uncorrect behavoiour you are seeing.

Perhaps these informations are enough to fix your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had another look at your sample file.

What I did:

I reduced your file as much as possible. Here you find the .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2wmlhztlyjfpx9/misplaced_rectangles.zip?dl=0

This is the layout in Muse:

1.jpg

This is the result in browser view (safari):

2.jpg

The weird thing:

• If I drag down the red rectangle to the bottom edge of the black one, all works as expected!
  • If I "Paste in Place" all elements into a new document (same size, same breapoint, all works as expected!

Could please someone else take a look?

UssNorway​, Pavel Homeriki​, fotoroeder​, Preran​, ankushr40215001​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have no clue what´s the issue about this. I don`t get this white padding on the right side, even if I pin it to container.

It gets better altogether, if I, like Günter Heißenbüttel​ you said and make this red to a footer element. I wouldn`t be too happy with it because it doesn`t auto expand with more content.

It looks like this in browser:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-19 um 16.34.32.png

What exactly is the bug? What am I not allowed to do anymore?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this issue in Muse’s Prerelease Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. I am still not sure what I need to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re-read my post #5. There I mentioned 2 ways to work around this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines