Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split screen

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a question. I am designing a portfolio website and I really want to built in something like this:

The full page blocks/split screen with pictures inside. I like the idea of 2 blocks, but 3 would be even better.

How do I make this in Muse? Can someone help me?

Thank you!

b43a04f8aa1df30e4049c63e5d2df7ca.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Yes this is possible, but …

the real question is: What should happen with these elements after placing them?

What you have to do:

• Take care that the single elements are precisely(!) of equal size or equal part of this size. This considerably simplifies the construction.
  • Take care, that all elements are scaling in the same way (proportionally, only width)
  • Text will be difficult, because textboxes grow vertically, not proportionally, when the browser window is resized. Best would be, to place text as a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes this is possible, but …

the real question is: What should happen with these elements after placing them?

What you have to do:

• Take care that the single elements are precisely(!) of equal size or equal part of this size. This considerably simplifies the construction.
  • Take care, that all elements are scaling in the same way (proportionally, only width)
  • Text will be difficult, because textboxes grow vertically, not proportionally, when the browser window is resized. Best would be, to place text as a SVG graphic.

Look at this example file: http://image-grid-2.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

You may download the corresponding .muse file directly from the site – if you find the trigger! Just hover over the elements and look, how they behave!

You may also have a look at this site. http://image-grid.businesscatalyst.com. It is a little bit more complicated, but works the same way.

If you don’t want to create something like this by yourself (I’d suggest to do it, because it is a really, really great way to learn, how Muse behaves!), you can choose from many 3rd party widgets out there! This is a great starting point: https://musewidgets.com/collections/all/image

Questions? Please ask!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines