• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSL Question

Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a site created in Muse and hosted on BC. When I go to my site on chrome, I get the little "i" in the url bar. But when I do a "built with" (a plugin I downloaded in chrome) it says there is an SSL certificate on the site through DigiCert.

I guess I'm confused about the little "i" that chrome is using. I brought up Home Depot site and it has the same little "i".  I'm sure Home Depot is in compliance with everything google wants but they still get the "i".

So a couple questions:

Do I have an SSL in my site or not?

If not, could someone give me pretty detailed instructions on how to do this as it's all new to me.

my site is www.pdqlitho.com

Thanks so much!

Annette

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

you don't have a ssl installed and just to be clear Google has no idea what is or is not on Adobe BC

how to install ssl on Adobe bc = HTTPS - add a SSL certificate to your site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annette,

Please have a look at this post - https with own domain in business catalyst which has the similar discussion with respect to your query.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this info doesn't really answer my questions.

I'm wondering why does google say my site is not secure ...

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 3.47.49 PM.png

but Built With says I have an SSL Certificate?

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 3.48.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your site does not have a certificate installed. If it was installed before the domain name, you would see https: // as here:

055659255e.png

You need to buy ssl. After that, contact the hosting support and ask them to install the certificate on your site. This is the general principle of action for any hosting, unless you yourself know how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thank you so much for the info and what to do after I purchase the certificate!

Annette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't have a ssl installed and just to be clear Google has no idea what is or is not on Adobe BC

how to install ssl on Adobe bc = HTTPS - add a SSL certificate to your site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines