• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

State button/composition resizing between breakpoints after copy/paste and content change

Participant ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a series of compositions to house a bulleted text box and video lightbox (pictured below under "TOOLKIT"). Now I am attempting to add text content to those compositions.  On the breakpoint I'm adding content the state button and composition stay in the correct location. Once I go to review the other breakpoints the trigger and text content are placed seemingly at random across the page. Necessitating that I reposition all items in the upper lefthand corner of the composition box and manually resize the incredibly elongated composition that stretches nearly the full page height. This also occurs if I make the composition only visible in the one correctly proportioned breakpoint and manually copy and paste it on to other breakpoints.

What is causing this strange misalignment?

How do I prevent this from happening when adding content to compositions across breakpoints?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Hi Michael,

Yes, this is the expected behavior of Muse and few elements have to be adjusted manually in their respective breakpoints.

You can also choose to right click and hide the displaced elements in a new breakpoint.

Copy them and just as per your requirement.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Shutterlab,

Many apologies to find you in this trouble.

However, would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it?

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. Here's the Dropbox link:Dropbox - Shutterlab Muse Site troubleshooting

Thanks again,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any luck with the file? Is this expected behavior with Muse or some type of glitch? Thanks for you help, I'm stuck working on my site until I find a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all - would have been nice to have a small file instead of 125 MB download. You write you have issues on toolkit? You haven't. Your issues are on home.

Nothing should leave the canvas at any time/in no breakpoint:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-02 um 13.14.13.png

These areas in a fixed width layout should be not filled with anything:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-02 um 13.16.46.png

I was not able to reproduce your issues, as I did not see them. Your composition is set up differently what your screenshot was about.

Keep everything in between its boundaries and it will work as expected, I guess.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Yes, this is the expected behavior of Muse and few elements have to be adjusted manually in their respective breakpoints.

You can also choose to right click and hide the displaced elements in a new breakpoint.

Copy them and just as per your requirement.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I able to affect Muse project file size in some way? I followed the instructions for file sharing of project files. I am referring to the "Toolkit" section of the home page, as pictured in my screenshots. 

Muse Troubleshoot - YouTube

I did a screen capture to help illustrate the issue.

It's troubling to need to adjust each of these in every breakpoint after a content edit.  Especially when it places the objects seemingly at random across the page. This almost certainly seems like a bug.

This is expected behavior or is caused by objects overlapping the edge of the page? If so the behavior will stop on a fresh page with same objects?  My goal is not to have to readjust the state button size each time I edit content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shutterlab  wrote

Am I able to affect Muse project file size in some way?

yes you can just "save as" a new name and delete what is not needed to show your issue... this keeps the main design untouched

Shutterlab  wrote

This almost certainly seems like a bug.

it is not a bug

Shutterlab  wrote

My goal is not to have to readjust the state button size each time I edit content.

you need to design to what a state button can do or use something other than a state button... those are your only two options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines