• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

state transition

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a site ( AD Talent Management ) and I have a trigger composition that pops up the Words "About us" and reveals a yellow light when you mouse over it. I saw that you can use a fade transition between states.  It works really cool on the light. But the words are [too] quickly popping up up black and then slowly turn red.

There are several problems here.

First, in the Normal state (see screen shot), I have the text set to No Color, so where is it getting the black?

Second, why is the fade only working on the glowing light? Even the incorrect black text is popping up very quickly before it [too] slowly turns red.

Third, I have this set to linear, but I cannot decipher the difference between the other speed choices.

I have only applied the fade transition to the rollover state. I have tried to apply it to all 3 elements in the trigger composition: the frame, the words (to get them to slow down), and the glow, though I suspect you should only need it on the frame. Ideally, I would like the red letters to fade in at .3 or .5 seconds and the light to fade in over 1 second.

PLEASE HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Perhaps this sample file enlightens the problem a little bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y68fd3xyvne349l/Trigger-effects.muse?dl=0

One hints: Don’t change the text colour, change the opacity!

The different transition speeds are quite subtle. They deal about the speed and manner, in which the different states of a button are changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the About Us link that  you are talking about on the page. Can you try updating your site and let us know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is live. Just roll over the light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shows on rollover

Screenshot (133).png

maral516​ what verson of Muse are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok your muse version is 2017.0.1.363 which is one I don't have so I can't test beyond looking at the code... to me it looks as you have added a scroll effect to the div i.e, it changes as you scroll the page down

p.s, the text is black because black is the default colour that all browsers assume for text unless you change it in your code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ussnorway : Wow, I don't see and can't reproduce that scroll effect. Also curious how you took that video!

However, your tip for starting the opacity in the normal state and then modifying from there helped! I also shortened the delay to .3.

Thank you to Günter Heißenbüttel for suggesting the opacity change instead of color change. Wow, this little light traveled the whole globe to get lit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this sample file enlightens the problem a little bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y68fd3xyvne349l/Trigger-effects.muse?dl=0

One hints: Don’t change the text colour, change the opacity!

The different transition speeds are quite subtle. They deal about the speed and manner, in which the different states of a button are changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter, I like your idea, but can't open your file because it is from a newer version of Muse. I don't see where I can change the opacity of a single state. When I try to change the opacity, it changes all the states. Do you think that feature is part of the update? Should I update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer to post #4: Select the respective state and change the opacity in the control strip at the top of Muse‘s application window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maral516  wrote

When I try to change the opacity, it changes all the states. Do you think that feature is part of the update? Should I update?

states default to 'normal' so the steps are;

select your object and change its opacity to 0%

then select the 'roll over' state of the same object and set its opacity to 100% (or whatever)... the normal state will remain at 0%

you update or not as you like but be aware that Muse 2018 has a bug with states + hyperlinks i.e, when you use them together and if you do update then I recommend you goto advanced options and select keep your old version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines