• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stopped responding

New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to CC as this is my first time using any of the programs.  I am a student and was in the process of creating a webpage for a class assignment.  I was downloading a font from my online browser.  When I went back to Muse it was not responsive I have several days into this assignment and I have not saved it.

I do not receive an error message.  My text has disappeared however my outline for the text box is still there.  When I click anywhere on the page I get a beep noise (the windows error default beep noise). 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Where did you download that font from?

Downloading fonts from untrusted websites is a sure fire way to pick up malware, spyware, trojans,  self-replicating computer viruses and worse... 

To be on the safe side, perform a full system scan with your latest anti-virus app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can’t get Muse to work again, restart your machine.

since Muse saves automatically the current working states, there are good chances, that your work will be restored, when you start Muse again.

If not: This is the money, you have to pay, if you have no backup, and – even worse – if you didn’t save your work since „several days“ …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you download that font from?

Downloading fonts from untrusted websites is a sure fire way to pick up malware, spyware, trojans,  self-replicating computer viruses and worse... 

To be on the safe side, perform a full system scan with your latest anti-virus app.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Christan,

Apart from the above suggestions you can also try resetting the Muse preferences as mentioned here - Problems on the very start of using Muse

Let us know if the issue is resolved, else we will investigate further.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines