• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange Border on Vimeo Embed

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the usual resize the video thing. This is an all-white video (I made double-sure) that has a weird border when I embed it, on the top and left sides.

Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 5.22.18 PM.png

Here is my embed code. It is supposed to allow it to embed responsively, and play automatically with no controls:

<style>.embed-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; height: 2; overflow: hidden; max-width: 920; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }</style><div class='embed-container'><iframe src='http://player.vimeo.com/video/244060365?api=1&loop=0&mute=0&background=1'></iframe></div>

Please help, I am so close to having this work!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

flyingsock  wrote

It is supposed to allow it to embed responsively, and play automatically with no controls:

<style>.embed-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; height: 2; overflow: hidden; max-width: 920; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }</style><div class='embed-container'><iframe src='http://player.vimeo.com/video/244060365?api=1&loop=0&mute=0&background=1'></iframe></d

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

flyingsock  wrote

It is supposed to allow it to embed responsively, and play automatically with no controls:

<style>.embed-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; height: 2; overflow: hidden; max-width: 920; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }</style><div class='embed-container'><iframe src='http://player.vimeo.com/video/244060365?api=1&loop=0&mute=0&background=1'></iframe></div>

this black line is caused by your old type code

Screen+Shot+2017-09-08+at+5.22.18+PM.png

you have defined padding of 56% (bit in red) but not set color and the default is black... if you change this amount to 200% it will be clear

p.s, the default Adobe Muse widget for vimeo is the best option but I assume you want to know where your code is breaking so 100% width (bit in green) is also bad code... best of luck with it mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines